2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Looking for Volunteers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Virgil4U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Volunteers

I know that this might sound odd but I am a 55 year old disabled man and veteran and I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck that has not run in about a year, the transmission went out and I just am not able to remove the transmission by myself and take it to a junk yard and then remove a transmission from another vehicle there and then install that other transmission. I wonder if their are any good young fellows out here that could be able to volunteer the time and energy to help me to do this. I have been able to find a place that might have a couple of transmissions that might work that is in my price range, ($50 plus the old transmission). I know that some of you might think that getting a old transmission from a junk yard is a gamble but when you are just living off of veterans disability as I am, you just can't afford to buy new stuff and have professional mechanics do the work for you. So I am just praying and hoping that I can get some help from some of the good folks out here with my problem.

Thanks and God Bless.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF. Will move you to the correct section.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ead-first.html

Old 02-17-2014, 12:25 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was closer I might be able to help :/

Gotta be some young folks in your area. I'll buzz a couple of my friends and see what they say.

I don't think it sounds odd either. People get hurt etc. and sometimes they just need a helping hand.

Quick Reply: Looking for Volunteers