2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
They say every winter was supposed to worst than the last. We still have a month and a half to go, so we shall see!
Lol global warming/ climate change/ whatever stupid term is such a load lol, nothing but a money making scheme. I heard that it was supposed to be worse as well but its been quite the opposite here.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

It ain't over yet though..... remains to be seen how the rest of the season goes. Quite frankly, I would like to get some use out of the snowblower I spent money on..... but, not THAT much use.

The climate changes. THAT is a fact. Here in Michigan, where I live, it has been both a tropical paradise, (if you are in to that sort of thing...) and buried under a mile of ice. Several times. And that was LONG before industrialized man was on the scene.

Not to mention..... There are studies that show CO2 content FOLLOWS temp increase, by about 800 years throughout history.

We have only been keeping records for 150 years or so. In the overall scheme of things, that isn't even an eyeblink in the geological time frame.

Also, the amount of temp 'increase' the global warmists are touting, is well within the realm of "margin of error" of the measuring instruments, and statistically irrelevant, consider how long the planet has been around......

Old 01-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
I suppose you could always get married again.
I can't find a smiley to really reply to this. I had to reread your comment about ten times and then had to wonder how you could be so mean to me when I have never done anything to you to deserve such harsh words. It hurt me to the bone and then some. Not ever again will I be making that mistake. I might have a bump ugly's buddy and she might even move in but I ain't getting married. So bite your tounge!!!

Old 01-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It ain't over yet though..... remains to be seen how the rest of the season goes. Quite frankly, I would like to get some use out of the snowblower I spent money on..... but, not THAT much use.

The climate changes. THAT is a fact. Here in Michigan, where I live, it has been both a tropical paradise, (if you are in to that sort of thing...) and buried under a mile of ice. Several times. And that was LONG before industrialized man was on the scene.

Not to mention..... There are studies that show CO2 content FOLLOWS temp increase, by about 800 years throughout history.

We have only been keeping records for 150 years or so. In the overall scheme of things, that isn't even an eyeblink in the geological time frame.

Also, the amount of temp 'increase' the global warmists are touting, is well within the realm of "margin of error" of the measuring instruments, and statistically irrelevant, consider how long the planet has been around......
This is exactly what I meant! Climate has changed for ages, it is definitely not man-made. That is like saying cave-men caused the ice-age to stop from their use of fire.... There is no statistical evidence to prove the climate changing is caused by man. Completely agree HY.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
This is exactly what I meant! Climate has changed for ages, it is definitely not man-made. That is like saying cave-men caused the ice-age to stop from their use of fire.... There is no statistical evidence to prove the climate changing is caused by man. Completely agree HY.

It is simply unknown of man's effect on the climate at this point.

No it is not like saying the ice age was stopped by cave man fires.

The earth has a natural Co2 cycle. And humans have only been pumping this extra co2 and pollution into the air for the past 100 years.

It is not known what effect it will cause, or not cause. It could be drastic or nothing at all.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had no idea that this forum was so full of highly qualified climate scientists!

Old 01-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
It is simply unknown of man's effect on the climate at this point.

No it is not like saying the ice age was stopped by cave man fires.

The earth has a natural Co2 cycle. And humans have only been pumping this extra co2 and pollution into the air for the past 100 years.

It is not known what effect it will cause, or not cause. It could be drastic or nothing at all.
Ill have to disagree and leave it at that. Ive done my research plentiful enough to have my opinion on it.

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I had no idea that this forum was so full of highly qualified climate scientists!

Thats just one of my titles. I am also a philanthropist, philosopher, theolgian and crypto-zoologist on the side. (joking of course)

Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I can't find a smiley to really reply to this. I had to reread your comment about ten times and then had to wonder how you could be so mean to me when I have never done anything to you to deserve such harsh words. It hurt me to the bone and then some. Not ever again will I be making that mistake. I might have a bump ugly's buddy and she might even move in but I ain't getting married. So bite your tounge!!!
Sorry man, just thought it would be something to do for ya.

I know a young man who will turn 21 years of age in Febuary. He has fathered no less than 7 children with 4 different women and is pretty sure his current 'girl friend' is also with child. Dude married three of the women. I'd hate to see his child support bills.

He works in IT for one of the bigger local companies near here so I guess he can afford it. Drives a Viper and has a large diesel Dodge pickup truck with the big tires and its lifted so high his current girlfriend has to use a small ladder to get in.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:37 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser

Name:  daxgk_zps303cdf72.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  43.2 KB

Old 01-03-2015, 09:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I went to school for 8 years for just this sort of thing.... If I really felt the crying desire, I could get my BS (yeah, leave that one alone guys. ) in Environmental GeoScience. I actually do indeed have a clue here. Only reason I don't have it, is I had no desire to go into that line of work. I actually want to LIVE IN the house I own, not just visit it a couple times a year.......

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread