2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015 | 06:56 PM
Moose843
|
Default Replacement Parts

I know I am not the only one with a missing dash. I've heard that Dodge had some crappy material to make the dash with. That being said, I need info on the best place to get a replacement. Also, where is the best places to other parts? Interior, exterior, motor, etc.? Since this is my 1st Ram truck, I have no idea where to start. I appreciate the info.

Old 06-18-2015 | 07:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

LMC Truck is a good source, they have all sorts of stuff.

For the usual run-of-the-mill stuff, Rock Auto, or, your local parts store.

If you have specific items you are looking for, search, or just ask.... someone can point you to a source.

Old 06-19-2015 | 12:37 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

The LMC truck replacement dash is a very good piece. Also a good excuse to replace the ancient heater core and AC condensor while the instrument panel is out of the way for the dash replacement.

Old 06-19-2015 | 11:55 AM
Moose843
|

So how many pieces do I need? I'm missing basically the whole thing. I see a rear dash and a front dash. Will I need both parts? I'm not really worried about the AC so much, but the heater is important. So whats wrong with the heater core?

Old 06-19-2015 | 02:54 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Moose843
So how many pieces do I need? I'm missing basically the whole thing. I see a rear dash and a front dash. Will I need both parts?
I'm not sure what you mean by "a rear dash and a front dash". The whole shebang is called the instrument panel; the top plastic piece that runs from the windshield to above the instrument cluster and glove box is the dash; the trim around the instrument cluster, climate controls, and radio is the instrument cluster bezel, et cetera.

You should be able to find a parts manual for your truck in the FAQ/DIY section of this forum. It'll tell you what's what. The factory service manual, also there, is handy to have, too.

Originally Posted by Moose843
So whats wrong with the heater core?
Maybe nothing, yet, but all of the factory originals still in service are at end of life and almost all will fail soon enough. There will always be a few rare exceptions, but getting the instrument panel out is a big enough job that the little added time and expense of swapping out an old heater core is negligible. Do ya wanna add a half hour to an already big job, or wait a while and add a really big job to a half hour job?

Old 06-20-2015 | 11:29 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

Look at the parts that are available at lmc and match up what you need. The dash parts are a bit different from year to year.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/...archTerms=dash

Last edited by Moparite; 06-20-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacement Parts