2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Jeep interior question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Get one with a V-8 in it as their 6 cyl is lacking in the power department.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:49 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well luck has not been on my side.

Went and test drove 2 Ford Explorers, the one we initially went to see didn't any have issues listed in the ad, but of course it's got a transmission quirk, won't shift from 2nd to 3rd without letting off of the accelerator, it just revs up.

Other than that it was very nice. The 2nd Explorer we drove had the same issue.

Little bit of Googling suggests the 2002-2004 Explorers are prone to transmission issues.

Since those are the models we were really looking for I'm pretty much done with the Explorers.

Now while on the way to check out the Ford I saw a Dodge Durango at a car lot, $2500 CASH on the windshield.

Stopped by and checked it out and test drove it, it failed VA inspection because of the daytime running lights, apparently they don't stay on.

While test driving I noticed that when going over bumps the instrument cluster would act as if there was a short, gauges all went off and the odometer went off too. It would eventually come back but the same issue with every bump.

Also the backlight for the gauges didn't work either.

Bleh.

The shop is currently changing out his inventory and doesn't want to put any money into the vehicle, so it'll go to auction on Thursday.

Everything on this vehicle worked great except for the issues pointed out. Engine, 4.7L, was strong, transmission shifted great, 4wd works.

I don't wanna buy a vehicle to deal with electrical issues, but that's also a good price.

Just can't win.

Last edited by stewie01; 02-01-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

So offer him 1500 for it, and see what he says, be sure and point out every ****ling detail you can come up with.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

The two Explorer owners I've known had ring issues at around 90-100k.

Quick Reply: Jeep interior question