2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

fully confused

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 AM
hoover00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fully confused

Alright I got a 00 ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins in it, about a month ago my tps or apps what ever u wanna call it, started to act up so I put another one my buddy had in it and it fixed the problem for about 3 weeks then it started to screw up again check engine light came on wouldn't let the engine go over 1300 rpms randomly, and a couple times at idle it would randomly rev up to about 1500 rpm then drop back down to idle, ran codes and said it was not communicating with the tps so I put another one on it and again light went out truck drove fine, the next day It started to act up again paid the 640$ for a Chrysler tps and still did the same damn thing, ran codes again and it said no communication once again so my only thought was the ecu, put a ecu on it which fixed the throttle problem but now its throwing an "no bus" check engine lights back on won't shift into o/d and trans temp light is on, took it to the dealer and had them reprogram the ecu for my truck (another 108$) and still did not fix the problem, does anyone know where I can at least start looking for the issue cuz I'm half tempted to run the truck off a bridge

Old 02-16-2016, 09:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Did you take the truck to the dealer, and just tell them what you wanted done? Or, did you tell them the problem, and see what they suggest?

Quick Reply: fully confused