2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What the "FU*K" do people want for nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:45 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Id buy it if it i had the cash.

FYI M1 intakes regularly go for 600 bucks on facebook auto swap groups.
I got lucky and got one for $450, never used, on Ebay a while back. Holding onto it in case I rebuild my engine (almost 200k miles, cylinders 7 and 8 have compression numbers around 110 psi, while other cylinders are around 130, I figure the heads are cracked).

Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
Come stand in the service lane for a day and listen.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I was a line tech for a few years in 3 different Ford shops so I have heard all the DUMB excesses owners have. And I have had to listen to the little old lady who finds a grease spot on her carpet. I also worked as a heavy line mechanic so did a lot of work on motorhomes. Talk about some real picky customers...................

Old 09-23-2016, 01:20 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I was a line tech for a few years in 3 different Ford shops so I have heard all the DUMB excesses owners have. And I have had to listen to the little old lady who finds a grease spot on her carpet. I also worked as a heavy line mechanic so did a lot of work on motorhomes. Talk about some real picky customers...................

It's 10 times worse now. I think it's a widespread social mentality.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

It's 10 times worse now. I think it's a widespread social mentality.
I'd be inclined to agree with that.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:54 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
I'd be inclined to agree with that.
Me too, I just moved on from a dealership. I was in Recon and people would complain about the most ridiculous things. I just got an airgap on my truck and love it.. Do you have the specs on that cam? Also do you have any push rods for it, just curious. I'm toying around with the idea of a cam or 1.7rr's.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:34 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

My favorite is the guy (hypothetical) from Craigslist who calls and makes a low offer, you tell him you are FIRM on the price, then the @sshat shows up 50 bucks short. THEN gets mad because you say no..lol.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My favorite is the guy (hypothetical) from Craigslist who calls and makes a low offer, you tell him you are FIRM on the price, then the @sshat shows up 50 bucks short. THEN gets mad because you say no..lol.

I had a guy do that on a set of tires from my old Ram. I had them dismounted at a tired shop and met him there and he asked if I would take less. Nope. So he said he'd get more money and would meet me by my house over the weekend. I meet him and "Aw gee. Will you take $X?" I was tired of him and really wanted them gone, so I caved; otherwise, I would have jumped in my vehicle and left him.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
I had a guy do that on a set of tires from my old Ram. I had them dismounted at a tired shop and met him there and he asked if I would take less. Nope. So he said he'd get more money and would meet me by my house over the weekend. I meet him and "Aw gee. Will you take $X?" I was tired of him and really wanted them gone, so I caved; otherwise, I would have jumped in my vehicle and left him.
And that is exactly what he was counting on.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:34 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The best way to deal with low ballers (and they are everywhere); "No thanks, I have someone coming at the end of the week who will pay my full asking price". They find the cash quick. That being said, when i set my price, I see what others list the item for and i price it accordingly.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
And that is exactly what he was counting on.
Yeah, but he didn't get his original low-balling price, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Quick Reply: What the "FU*K" do people want for nothing?