2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dual Flow PCV Valve

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:09 AM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual Flow PCV Valve

So after building my 390 and running it for a while, I started thinking about the crankcase ventilation system. The technical side of me started wondering if the factory setup was adequate for the larger volume/higher compression that my engine was designed around. Searching the web resulted in limited returns, but 1 caught my eye. A article in Hemming's Muscle Machines detailing the history of the PCV system. Very interesting read.

I investigated a little further and decided to buy the M/E Wagner Dual Flow PCV Valve. It's tunable, made from billet aluminum and rebuild-able. Now at 130 shipped, it's not inexpensive. However, given the possible benefits of better A/F, a more stable idle, elimination of oil seepage and confidence that all the nastiness getting by my piston rings is being removed, it made sense for me.

I ordered the part from M/E Wagner early one Friday afternoon. Within an hour or so I had a tracking number in hand. The part arrived Monday by USPS Priority. Packaging indicated attention to detail.

The package contained the valve, a low pressure spring, two Allen wrenches, extra case screws, a vacuum port adapter, and an extra cross passage plug. Printed instruction manual was included. They offer a 30 day risk free trial.

Installation was straight forward. I have the Mopar Performance valve covers, so I had to expand the hole in the valve grommet to accept the larger valve. That took a small bit of time to make sure it was done properly (Those grommets are hard to come by right now). I used the low pressure spring (my vacuum runs around 9-10) and completed the initial set-up per instructions (this set the idle flow rate). Once on the truck, I again followed the tuning instructions to set the cruise flow rate.

So far I've experienced smoother idle, better vacuum at cruise speeds and my A/F readings seem more stable.

Here's the website. There's some good info there. I'll let you know if there are any issues.

http://mewagner.com/

Old 11-04-2016, 10:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

That's kinda cool. Please keep us updated on how it performs.

Do you have a catch-can inline with your PCV system? Would be interesting to see how much, if any, oil it sucks as well.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:32 AM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have a catch can. What's interesting is I'm pulling about 2 ounces of fluid every 300 miles or so. But the oil level hasn't move a bit.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

It's producing oil? Don't let Exxon hear about that.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty interesting article.