2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

replacement body parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 PM
97ramrod1500
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default replacement body parts

well, i sent my truck off to get the rust on the doors repaired the other day. i also noticed a little bit of surface rust peeking on the rockers from underneath the running boards. Turns out my baby needs some love. really only the front 8" of the rockers are bad, and 2 very small holes in the cab corners. also a couple small holes in the rear wheelwells and rear of the front fenders. However, since im fixing it, im doing it right.

where is the best place to order replacement body parts from? I know of LMC but their prices seem to have jumped quite a bit since the last time i looked. Im wondering if there's other/better places to order from.

I am going to do just about everything thats bad so here's the panels i need:
- front fender patch panels behind the front wheels
- outer rocker panels
- cab corners
- full bedsides

are all of the replacement panels the same from vendor to vendor? is one brand heavier gauge than another? are they the same thickness as oem?

I plan on repairing the body next spring so i'll slowly accumlate the parts until then. At the same time i will replace the front fender flares since the passenger side is cracked, fill a few small dings, remove all rock chips in the rear fender flares, and repaint the entire truck.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:23 AM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I read that Tabco has good parts, but haven't tried them myself. I was happy with the LMC panels for my daughters Chevy. I think AMD and Goodmark have decent reputations.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:25 AM
97ramrod1500
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bit
I read that Tabco has good parts, but haven't tried them myself. I was happy with the LMC panels for my daughters Chevy. I think AMD and Goodmark have decent reputations.
When I did the restoration on my GTO, I used a lot of AMD parts. They fit well and were heavier gauge than the goodmark. The goodmark panels didn't always fit the best either.

I didn't know amd made panels for our trucks. I will look into that.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts