2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Engine Shop recommendations for Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:00 AM
lwiuff
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Shop recommendations for Seattle

I have all my parts for plenum fix, timing chain & gears, water pump, etc. But no time & no place to do the work. Anybody out there have a recommendation for an engine shop to do the work? Looking for something within 20 miles of Seattle.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2016, 11:19 AM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent you a PM.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:04 AM
lwiuff
Amateur

Moderators -
Sorry for putting this in the wrong Thread. Thanks for moving it.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

There is Action Machine who has good reviews. There are a few others but I can't comment on them. I live east of Cle Elum and was going to use Action but found a shop in Yakima that could do my work. Are you just doing a basic rebuild or are you going for a power build? I am building a 408 stroker engine. I have been on hold for a while as I build up my funds again.

If you aren't looking for a shop to rebuild your engine and just want a shop to install all your parts then here is a great shop I can recommend.
Auburn Car Repair & Off-Road

Last edited by Wildman4x4nut; 11-14-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:14 AM
lwiuff
Amateur

Thanks, Wildman. I'll be in Cle Elum doing some finish carpentry this weekend I'm only doing the plenum fix, new thermostat & water pump. I figured that with the top off and the radiator out, it makes sense to do the timing chain and gears as well. I ordered all the stuff from RockAuto, and have been hanging on to it for 3 years. About time to get 'er done, but work is so busy that I just want someone to do it for me. It would be fun to do, but it would cost me more $$$ to do it myself, if I lose the billable hours...

Seattle area would work better for me than Yakivegas. I do appreciate you chipping in, though. I'll look for your rig when I'm in your fair city!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

I just edited my post and sent you a link to a shop that can do the work for you. The owner is a Jeeper and I know him. It might be a little more than 20 miles but is worth it.