2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

LMC Truck Interior Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
BlueKota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMC Truck Interior Parts?

Has anyone bought any of the interior components off of LMC Truck.com?

I just recently bought a '94 long bed regular cab with 131,000 on it to use as a weekend beater. Mechanically it is pretty solid, only needs a few basic repairs; but the body and the interior is totally trashed.

At first I was just going to leave it since it isn't a primary vehicle, but the more I look at it parked there in the street, the more I want to bring it back to its former glory. I'm thinking about starting with the interior first. It needs pretty much everything, new dash, new carpet, new door skins, new dash bezel, etc. A lot of that stuff is available from LMC, but it's all a bit pricey for a weekend warrior- and it was hard enough to convince the wife that we needed the truck in the first place!

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with their quality?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Most of their stuff is pretty good, for some of the more mundane stuff, I would check local wrecking yards, and see if you can score a good bezel, whathaveyou. The upper dash, I would definitely replace with new.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
jsmith1969
Professional

I went with LMC for my dash and have no complaints. Fit/finish was great

Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM
BlueKota

That is really reassuring. I'm not sure when I will get to that, but its nice knowing their stuff if good quality once I'm ready to starting rebuilding it.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Dash and bezel here as well. Perfect piece and best on the market.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:28 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never used their interior parts, but I'm not an LMC fan. The few things I've gotten from them were very cheaply made and sold at high prices. The first thing I purchased from them was a chrome grille. It was about 3x the price of a similar grille on eBay, so I expected a better quality one. What I got was what looked like an eBay special for $100 more than eBay. The top the grill was very wavy, the plastic mounting tabs were extremely cheap and brittle. (More so than the factory ones), not long after I got it the chrome honey comb part started peeling. Overall it was just a cheap piece of junk. I strongly suspect the $30-40 eBay specials are exactly the same grille.

The next time I decided to give them a chance was for the headlight harness that several other members use. What a piece of junk. It was wired incorrectly and would not function properly. Upon installing it in original form, the high beam indicator stayed dimly light all of the time. If you flipped to the high beams then back to low beams, either the fog lights or headlights would go out. I can't remember which. If I'd known what I was getting I could have bought some hookup wire, some $10 headlight connectors, and a couple of relays and built a way better harnes for under $20. I finally took this piece of crap off and it's laying in my tool box.

I occasionally see something I need there, but the crappy quality of their parts at very high prices keeps me away. If you do order from them, keep in mind that you're likely just getting eBay quality parts at a huge markup.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

They are just a reseller, they don't make any of there own stuff to my knowledge. You can find the stuff else where it just depends on what you are looking for. You can get a dash that's warranted for life here(lmc don't offer that)...

http://www.dashcoversplus.com/page/4510479

If it's sheet metal look here...

https://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-...i?display=home