2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Off-road build 01 ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:37 PM
AnthonyGW0114
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-road build 01 ram 1500

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

So I'm looking at turning my truck into a nice off-road/daily driver, I am new to this stuff and would like all the help and advise I can get.

A few things I want to do.......

•Upgraded suspension [ ]
•New wheels and tires [ ]
•New axles with diff lock [ ]
•New drivelines [ ]
•Armor plating [ ]
•New bumpers, front & rear [ ]
•Winch for front bumper [ ]
•Off-road lighting [ ]
•Light bar [ ]

Plus many more things that I can't think of right now.

Down the road I'll have more questions, but my first question right now is....

Does anymore in the Seattle, WA area know of any good reputable 4x4 shops.

Thank you to everyone that helps.

Edit: I'll have pictures of truck posted later today.

Last edited by AnthonyGW0114; 09-06-2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 09-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Armor plating? lol

Uh, yeah, Randy's Ring and Pinion ya know, Yukon gears, the home base for ALL off road rigs is right by Boeing in Everett.

There's also 4 wheel parts in Lynnwood if not elsewhere. There's Redhead down by the airport.

Plus numerous smaller guys that do various repairs/installs.

And TONS of diesel tuner/off=road poser shops for the all the kids with their lifted diesels. Just search the google.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:49 PM
AnthonyGW0114
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Armor plating? lol

Uh, yeah, Randy's Ring and Pinion ya know, Yukon gears, the home base for ALL off road rigs is right by Boeing in Everett.

There's also 4 wheel parts in Lynnwood if not elsewhere. There's Redhead down by the airport.

Plus numerous smaller guys that do various repairs/installs.

And TONS of diesel tuner/off=road poser shops for the all the kids with their lifted diesels. Just search the google.
I guess I used the wrong wording 😓 I guess the armor that I meant were rock sliders on the side of the truck as well as the front end protection to protect the steering components. Would any metal protection matter on a straight axle on the front?

I'll definitely look into 4wheel parts as well as Yukon gears.

Do you know or would you recommend any fabrication shops to do custom build for light bars and roll bars and maybe a custom made front end?

And I definitely don't want to be "that kid" that just starts thing stuff on the truck, I want to be able to do this right and have fun with it. And I definitely am not going to a poster shop.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Geez, you're only 5 miles from Redhead!

Well, Yukon is Randy's brand and they are NOT cheap. Got quoted $3k for gear job.

Whenever I've been down south (I live north of Everett) I see nothing but trucks, big ones too. There's quite an off-road vibe out here, although I have no idea where anybody would go since all the tree huggers would have heart attacks if one leaf got trampled.

Ask around where you live 'cause I bet there's lots of good fab shops there. Heck, the road Redhead was on in Auburn was industrial city.