2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wholesale lot special frustrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:59 AM
BrokeBolts
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

point taken....

Old 03-05-2018, 02:22 PM
BrokeBolts

Huh....these rear brake lines have wire wrapped around them, kind of like I spring. Haven't seen that before. Is that original equipment? Left side was pretty easy, right side looks like it may be a challenge, screwed down into a couple brackets onto the axle.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Yep, that's stock. The wire wrap is to make sure that moisture and road salt are held against the steel lines, so they corrode away quickly........ Use the copper/nickel stuff as replacement line, it lasts a LOT longer.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:37 AM
BrokeBolts

The guy at Advance tried to sell me a 50 foot roll, no fittings, for $120,found 25 feet on Amazon, with the fittings, $21.....One side was easy, the other looks like it may be a challenge, I'll get it figured. I'm starting to think a lot of this stuff hasn't had any attention in 20 years. Found that the e brake cable is frayed, not expensive, just more work and expense. I don't know if it will at least pass inspection in that condition, and could do it in the later spring or summer.

Quick Reply: Wholesale lot special frustrations