2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

stock infinity stereo speaker amp removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 PM
dog dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock infinity stereo speaker amp removal ?

removed old radio and speakers along with the amps on each one in front doors . bought a new basic sony radio and 6x9s . now theres a bunch of wires that i cut off the original amps that were mounted on the speakers . so i tell the installation guy at best buy what ive got and hes says that new speaker wires have to be run and the installation would be 100 . i wouldnt pay that and was figuring ide just figure out which wires need be hooked up to the speakers . but now after the installation guy said needs new wires im wondering if thats right ?

Old 11-20-2018, 11:03 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by dog dodge
removed old radio and speakers along with the amps on each one in front doors . bought a new basic sony radio and 6x9s . now theres a bunch of wires that i cut off the original amps that were mounted on the speakers . so i tell the installation guy at best buy what ive got and hes says that new speaker wires have to be run and the installation would be 100 . i wouldnt pay that and was figuring ide just figure out which wires need be hooked up to the speakers . but now after the installation guy said needs new wires im wondering if thats right ?
The things you cut off by the speakers aren't the amps, those are the crossovers. The Amp is mounted under the dash. You can simply bypass by running new wires from the headunit

Quick Reply: stock infinity stereo speaker amp removal ?