2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Technology Brings New Challenges

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

What really erks me is the TV commercials for blind spot recognition, self park etc.. It's getting to the point that they want the vehicle to do all the driving. In some cases it would help keep the idiots that can't drive from getting in or causing accidents but what about the rest of us? I don't have any issues with computerization(if they keep it from getting ridiculous), But when it cost's $400 to replace the window control module that's going to far. I can see the reasons for it like if a kid sticks his finger in the opening when the driver hit's the switch to roll up all the windows it will sense there is an obstruction and go back down. There are both good and bad sides of technology. I remember when EZ pass first came out, Drivers where exceeding the speed limits and it figured the time it would take to get to the destination. If it was shorter than the correct amount of time(doing the speed limit) it automatically would issue a speeding ticket you got in the mail. The stop light cameras are another if you live in a state that has them. I think they caused more problems then they solved! If you rolled a foot past the white line it took your picture and sent out a ticket. Who knows how much aggravation twords the drivers and cost to the tax payers it caused. Well sorry this post turned into more of a rant. I see a bleak future for vehicles where we get in and tell it where to go and it does the driving that we have no control over.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
What really erks me is the TV commercials for blind spot recognition, self park etc.. It's getting to the point that they want the vehicle to do all the driving. In some cases it would help keep the idiots that can't drive from getting in or causing accidents but what about the rest of us? I don't have any issues with computerization(if they keep it from getting ridiculous), But when it cost's $400 to replace the window control module that's going to far. I can see the reasons for it like if a kid sticks his finger in the opening when the driver hit's the switch to roll up all the windows it will sense there is an obstruction and go back down. There are both good and bad sides of technology. I remember when EZ pass first came out, Drivers where exceeding the speed limits and it figured the time it would take to get to the destination. If it was shorter than the correct amount of time(doing the speed limit) it automatically would issue a speeding ticket you got in the mail. The stop light cameras are another if you live in a state that has them. I think they caused more problems then they solved! If you rolled a foot past the white line it took your picture and sent out a ticket. Who knows how much aggravation twords the drivers and cost to the tax payers it caused. Well sorry this post turned into more of a rant. I see a bleak future for vehicles where we get in and tell it where to go and it does the driving that we have no control over.
Self driving cars are coming, have no doubt. There are already some on the road today. The technology is still in its beginning stages, but, fully autonomous cars are indeed coming. I foresee a time when it will be ILLLEGAL to actually drive your own car....... Hope I am long in the ground before that happens.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:37 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Self driving cars are coming, have no doubt. There are already some on the road today. The technology is still in its beginning stages, but, fully autonomous cars are indeed coming. I foresee a time when it will be ILLLEGAL to actually drive your own car....... Hope I am long in the ground before that happens.
I agree I actually enjoy driving. Mind you I fly but I think it's a waste. You miss so much. I have memories of stopping at the road side attractions with my parents. You miss that with flying. Sadly though, there isn't a road to connect all the countries but there should be!

Quick Reply: New Technology Brings New Challenges