2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New wheels and tires tell me what ya think

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Jessehendrixp1
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New wheels and tires tell me what ya think

Well folks I wanted to get my truck lifted before I got the wheels and tires but I ran across a set of 2018 ram 17s with brand new kanati mud hog 305 70 17 tires for 600 bucks...... This is stock suspension They rub a bit on the control arms at full lock but I do have some 2 inch spacers the guy sold with the wheels for 50 dollars I'm going to put on it when I get my lift next week. Let me know what you guys think so far recently painted also. I think its coming along pretty good ill have about 2800 in it so far thats truck, paint, wheels and tires

Old 04-18-2020, 01:24 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessehendrixp1
Well folks I wanted to get my truck lifted before I got the wheels and tires but I ran across a set of 2018 ram 17s with brand new kanati mud hog 305 70 17 tires for 600 bucks...... This is stock suspension They rub a bit on the control arms at full lock but I do have some 2 inch spacers the guy sold with the wheels for 50 dollars I'm going to put on it when I get my lift next week. Let me know what you guys think so far recently painted also. I think its coming along pretty good ill have about 2800 in it so far thats truck, paint, wheels and tires

Not bad! With spacers you want hub centric and billet. Anything else you risk the wheel falling off. I am not a fan of spacers if you off-road, but they are safe if you get the hub centric billet ones.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:21 PM
Jessehendrixp1
Amateur

I think that is what I have it says in the instructions it is suposed to be supported mostly by the hub and not the actual wheel studs best I can fiigure thats a hubcentric spacer right the fellow I got the tires and wheels from had them also so I just grabbed them up for 50 dollars if I end up not using them i didnt really use much figured id rather have am and not need them then need them and not have them? I agree with not using them for 4x4 honestly I dont like them but at the same time I dont want my tires hitting my control arms lol and I'm pretty sure a lift on its own wont cure that? I do go offroad but I never hit any serious trails just easy stuff really.....

Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 04-18-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:30 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessehendrixp1
I think that is what I have it says in the instructions it is suposed to be supported mostly by the hub and not the actual wheel studs best I can fiigure thats a hubcentric spacer right the fellow I got the tires and wheels from had them also so I just grabbed them up for 50 dollars if I end up not using them i didnt really use much figured id rather have am and not need them then need them and not have them? I agree with not using them for 4x4 honestly I dont like them but at the same time I dont want my tires hitting my control arms lol and I'm pretty sure a lift on its own wont cure that? I do go offroad but I never hit any serious trails just easy stuff really.....
Lift will not help the rubbing. I know people who ran spacers off-road and hit the hardest trails there are, but I have bad luck lol

Old 04-18-2020, 10:41 PM
i4ni
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look good. I've had lifted trucks since the dawn so I prefer what I call the "Tight" look Big tires with proportionate wheel size, minimal wheel offset i prefer as much tire inside the fender wells as possible, proper lift height proportionate to tire size, Polished,or chrome high lighted wheels anything Butt Black. That whole Urban look thing is tired and way overdone. Might as well never wash your truck it's kinda all the same plain look.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:28 AM
Jessehendrixp1
Amateur

Thanks yea I agree with ya I have very similar tastes I like to upgrade but not to the point of being to flashy or where it is more of cosmetic instead pf useful I actually realised that the spacers I have are not two inch they are more like one and a quarter

Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 04-19-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:16 PM
nicraage
Professional

I ran spacers/ lug pattern converter for a while after I did axle swap, because I didn't want to buy new wheels. I can say your ball joints won't last as long.
but that wheel tire combo looks good on that truck!

Last edited by nicraage; 05-07-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: New wheels and tires tell me what ya think