2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dashboard Cracks- Not Bad, Would Like to Repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 08:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,236 Likes on 2,985 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
So your Tan one was a V-10
Ok..
Thx
I am just trying to wrap my head around why my trucks dash cracked
Bought it new and have been trying to keep it that way.
I am just heart broken cause I am disabled/challenged... and I take days to do a few hours worth of work on my own stuff.
Don't mind spending the money I just don't trust any shop I can't hang out while they are working.
I have one who treats me great and I don't abuse the priveledge
Thx again
Don't want to hyjack thread...
Where do you live? Do you park your truck outside?

I am in southern Michigan, and summers can get HOT around here. (this week is a fine example of that.... 90's most every day.) That, and perfectly clear skies. Temps inside a closed up truck can push 140, or higher. (so don't leave you pets/kids in a closed vehicle. ) The sun shining thru the windshield can bake your dash. The UV light breaks down the plastic, and the heat accelerates the process. Couple places offer new dash uppers, with a higher quality plastic. (Geno's Garage, LMC truck.) But, they aren't inexpensive, and they are indeed an exercise to change. For us folks with health issues, that just adds to the problem. (yes, I am also disabled) Having to bend around like pretzel, and essentially remove the entire dash from the truck, just ain't somethin' I see myself doing. And I certainly don't wanna pay someone else to do a cosmetic fix...... (especially not at north of 100 bucks an hour for labor.....)

Old 08-27-2021, 12:54 PM
Smokin Joe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry ChiefRider
Hope you find a solution to your dash
Good luck..
I have answered MoparFanatic21 and HeyYou over here

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-mem...ml#post3523592

Quick Reply: Dashboard Cracks- Not Bad, Would Like to Repair