2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What is this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2024 | 02:21 PM
BrendonM
|
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Are those cracks I see in the first pic, by the bolt holes??

so I’m assuming the grinding sound I was hearing was my water pump bearings and the shaft? The oil leak is still concerning but that’s probably the seal or cover gasket. Which I can do. I just didn’t wanna mess around with the timing chain cause idk how to time a motor. So hopefully it isn’t worn

Old 10-13-2024 | 03:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by BrendonM
so I’m assuming the grinding sound I was hearing was my water pump bearings and the shaft? The oil leak is still concerning but that’s probably the seal or cover gasket. Which I can do. I just didn’t wanna mess around with the timing chain cause idk how to time a motor. So hopefully it isn’t worn
The timing chain is only six more bolts, and a gasket or two. Swapping 'em out is dead easy. Once you have them exposed, rotate the engine so the marks on the gears line up, remove the old, and install the new with the marks in the EXACT same place. All done. Just put it back together.

The following users liked this post:
BrendonM (10-13-2024)
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:10 AM
BrendonM
|
Professional

The timing chain is only six more bolts, and a gasket or two. Swapping 'em out is dead easy. Once you have them exposed, rotate the engine so the marks on the gears line up, remove the old, and install the new with the marks in the EXACT same place. All done. Just put it back together.

Awesome, coming Tuesday when I get paid ima put 310$ towards it fr. Should be enough to buy all the parts, fluid, and gaskets, plus a few tools to help

Old 10-17-2024 | 10:12 AM
BrendonM
|
Professional

you think this would suffice ?

Old 10-17-2024 | 10:43 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Never heard of GMB......

Old Yesterday | 10:24 AM
BrendonM
|
Professional

Never heard of GMB......

any budget friendly suggestions?

Old Yesterday | 11:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I usually go with delco, or similar. Yeah, they cost a bit more, but, I don't have to worry about it failing again any time soon.

The following users liked this post:
BrendonM (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: What is this sound?