2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

K&N's FIPK VS Airaid's system

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K&N's FIPK VS Airaid's system

Greetings and Salutations ladies and gentlemen, I would like your imput on 2 areas dealing with air intake systems and the effect the outside ambient temp has on them. First I was thumbing through this month's JC Whitney catalog and I noticed that Airaid has come out with a cold air intake very similar to K&N's FIPK. I mean right down to the exact design and filtering system the only differences were price ( Airaid's was $100 less) and HP boasts ( K&N= 26.3 and Airaid's= 18). Your thoughts!

Secondly I've seen alot of trucks with the round style air filter from Summit Racing that uses the round K&N filter ( 3" or 4" tall). My question would be this: is it wise to use this type of system if you live and drive in a geographical region where the outside ambient temp ranges between 90 - 110 degrees. I ask because I thoughtthe purpose of an intake system, besides filtering the intake air, is to add performance to the engine and if you combine a filtering system the sits atop and is open atop ahot engine and combine it with the hot outside temp then it would seem , theoretically speaking, that your performance would drop off considerably, whereas a cold air system, such as the K&N FIPK or Airaid's, which comes in from the fenderwell would benefit the performance more.

Now once again I'm no expert that's why I'm posting these two situations so I can get an overall census of these 2 topics. Thanks in advance for your imput.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 AM
2001mustang_gt
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: K&N's FIPK VS Airaid's system

you can also get the k&n made by summit, which is just the k&n and they sold them to summit and i believe the price is 215 or so iirc

Quick Reply: K&N's FIPK VS Airaid's system