2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rattle on floor

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
AAA4948
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle on floor

Hey guys,

I can't tell you how excited I was to get the amount of response! I don't know a lot about trucks but love to learn.

I have another question for you all. When I'm sitting at an idle, there is a small vibration or rattling on the floor pan on the drivers side (nothing audible, I can feel it in my feet). I never really notice it anymore, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has experienced this. The motor idle is smooth and the runs fine. I was reading some 2000 Dodge Ram reviews and they mentioned the torque shaft spring.

The following description came from http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...m-pickup-2.htm
and sounds exactly like what I experience:

Vehicle noise:
Replacing the torque shaft spring can eliminate rattling or vibrations on the floor pan. (2000-01)

Any idea what they're talking about? If so, how hard are they change? I don't know if it was only on 2000-01 or others too.

Quick Reply: Rattle on floor