2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shaker hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shaker hood

Sorry to post twice in a row, but wanted some opinions. I have been thinking about painting the scoop a flat black like the old shakers used to be. Not sure though what it would look like with the dark green paint. Any opionions are welcome. Thanks. Jeff.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: jram99

Sorry to post twice in a row, but wanted some opinions. I have been thinking about painting the scoop a flat black like the old shakers used to be. Not sure though what it would look like with the dark green paint. Any opionions are welcome. Thanks. Jeff.
that would rock

ORIGINAL: jram99

. If anyone wants different pictures at certain angles or what ever, let me know. I will be happy to shoot what ever is needed if someone is trying to make a decision on buying one of these. Jeff.

if you could take a pic of the assembally where it connects to the tb, and also with the tube assembally attached to the tb, but without the fiberglass scoop. thanks...if its a lot of trouble dont worry, but im just thinking i could fab something better.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 PM
jram99
Veteran

I'll try to get some more pictures of just the scoop this weekend. We are remodeling the bedroom this weekend but I'll try to take some better pictures and post them for you. Jeff.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Dtruck96
Professional

thanks for the reply on the squeaking. Its enough to drive you nuts. I painted my hood to match the rest of my paint and painted the shaker in flat black just like the old cuda's. Love the way it looks. Also if you look on the hinge itself you will see two bolts right next to the hinge arm and one right in front of the hinge arms. If you loosen the nuts on them you can raise, lower and move your hinge back and forth depending on your needs. Like I said before if I could find my camera install cd I would be posting pics. Again thanks for the help.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I see one of those, i'm reminded of how badly I want one.

If it were me, i'd leave it black like the old school shakers. On my truck though, which is silver, that would look great. Still probably look good on your green truck though.

Quick Reply: shaker hood