2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

upgrade ideas, need some input

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
360Sport01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade ideas, need some input

ok guys, been reading a bit and after a couple of hints from my buddies im gonna attempt to upgrade the truck a lil bit. i just bout 2/3 weeks ago so its pretty much stock.i was thinking off gettin the skummit racing exhuast(the 3" to the muffler, Dual 3" out,) and swapping out the muffler for the new flowmaster super 44 series muffler. yes i kno it says its loud but i had a 3rd gen trans am that i use to run open ypipe(3" ypipes rule!) so i dont care and the cops kno me so they leave me alone for the most part. then i was thinking bout doing the open element/FIPK but im on a budget so i think the open element is where its at. i had one on my old trans am and yes u could tell a different between hot and cold but it was slow so it didnt matter much. also ill prob be doing a good tune up on it (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, clean out the TB/intake system) what would u guys recommend for the ignition side? MSD? Aceel?(i had bad luck with acell) im gonna run NGK platiums. also how hard was it to get to the cap/rotor? it aint like my old t/a where its kinda in the open, looks kinda burried in there. sorry for the long post, still new to the dodgeside and what not. and later on i wanna do a header and cat set-up what would u guys recommend? i prob gonna go the fastman throttle body when i get the money and a computer flash. what could my hp be after all the mods i listed? i was hoping for 260ish and being able to get into the 15s at the track(i will race it once in a while)

the truck is a 01 QC, SB, Off-road sport with the 360 v8 and 4 speed auto with 4.10 gears(stock)

Old 04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
2001mustang_gt
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: upgrade ideas, need some input

i did the summit 3" exhaust single in dual out and put a flowmaster super 40 on it...i runa magna flow hi-flo cat with summit headers(they have pacesetter stamped on them) and i am very please with them..if you look at some of my other posts i have sound clips of my truck with the summit exhaust then with the super 40

Quick Reply: upgrade ideas, need some input