2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radio Stolen sand window

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:57 PM
DuranguenzeRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Stolen sand window

Well my radio was stolen last night from the back of my house. The weird part is my window turned to sand like substance. has anyboboy expreienced this? The radio was about 2 yrs old an din chicago if it lasts you a year your lucky so i was blessed with it lol was wondering if there any kit to prevent or at least slow them down from yanking. I had mine installed at circuit CITY and it was bolted with the kit on the positive they did not crack the dash cover like on my 4runner...Any ideas on kits?

Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
JarheadX
All Star
Default RE: Radio Stolen sand window

yeah...install it right

Old 04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
jisthangin01
Professional

Alot of radio manufactures make tools that you can slip on either side of the radio and it'll release it to slide out. The kit and metal cage will be left un touched and the radio can be gone in about 5 seconds. Somtimes they even come with new radios so they are easy to get a hold of. Pionneer, Alpine, Panasonic or three of the top of my head that i know have them. Sorry bout your radio man.. And good luck with the window- First time ive ever heard of the window turning to sand lol. Maybe small peices of class (Safty glass)??

Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DuranguenzeRam

Well my radio was stolen last night from the back of my house. The weird part is my window turned to sand like substance. has anyboboy expreienced this? The radio was about 2 yrs old an din chicago if it lasts you a year your lucky so i was blessed with it lol was wondering if there any kit to prevent or at least slow them down from yanking. I had mine installed at circuit CITY and it was bolted with the kit on the positive they did not crack the dash cover like on my 4runner...Any ideas on kits?
Electric fence charger hooked up to your truck it also keeps dog from pissing on your wheels more than once.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM
DuranguenzeRam
Rookie

Yeah the dash was in good shape so they knew what they were doing no it was the quad cab window not safety glass a little bit like gorund sand was weird had my insurance company repair the glass said they threw some soultion on it. Radio not worth putting a claim in, thats its im goin to install a new radio and sit on the roof with a shotgun it was a kenwood and i was about to pony up for a dvd/radio

Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
ShakyJay
Rookie

You can possibly try to prevent but that can sometimes lead to worse damage if they do want it. That is why I would much prefer that a professional thief breaks in. At least they don't generally do as much damage as the tweaked out drug addict. Once they went to the trouble of breaking the window if your stereo didn't come out easily he more than likely would tear up something trying to get it and cause alot more damage. I have been the victimof several thefts and. In most cases it is break the window and rip out the stereo and in the process rip out whatever else is in the way. In those cases the damage is usually more than what the stereo isworth.Actually had one case where the guy was very professional. He did not break any window but picked the lock. He then opened the trunk and neatly unhooked the sound system. He did not cause any damage and even left the wiring intact. As far as thefts are concerned that was a much better experience.

Quick Reply: Radio Stolen sand window