2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DFW Transimission Guys???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
mblanco2000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Transimission Guys???

I am looking for a good transmission shop in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. I am again having transmission issues, if I have to replace it that will the #3. I want to have a good trustworthy shop take a look at it and tell me what it would need to get it back in check again. The pickup is older with about 150,000 miles on it and I am driving more and more. So if the costs are excessive it might be time for me to get rid of the Dodge.

I looked at the APS Transmission guys who are out in CA and would like to find someone similiar in this area, does anyone know of any? Any help you guys can give me is appreciated.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM
TPSDODGE
Professional
Default RE: DFW Transimission Guys???

THE TRANS MAN AT MY DEALERSHIP IS GREAT BUT IT WONT BE CHEAP.....

Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

I purchased my performance transmission from http://www.dreviltransmissions.com/home.htmland am extremely satisfied with everything about it, price, service, quality, speed of delivery, etc. They are actually a subsidiary of http://www.roadmastertranz.com/home.htmwhich builds replacement transmissions. Like I said, I am very happy with mine.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
mblanco2000
Professional

So which Trans would you recommend putting in my pickup? I am not interested in doing anything special just a solid trans that will be able to stand up for a long time.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

I installed the pure evil option as I tow a 7800 pound fifth wheel camper. You could possible go with a standard stock replacement from roadmaster to keep the price down, but call Billy at Dr evil transmissions (he's the owner and a hell of a nice guy) and you can discuss it all with him. While talking to him myself I felt no pressure and he expressed himself with extreme confidence in his knowledge. He'll make a recommendation based upon how you use your truck. My transmission delivered cost me $2455. Pure evil transmission, towing torque converter, extra deep transmission fluid pan, 24 quarts of red line transmission fluid, and a new heavy duty transmission cooler.

Quick Reply: DFW Transimission Guys???