2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

should my fuel look like this?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:45 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default should my fuel look like this?!?!?!?

this came out of my truck today.. after filling up last night before going to work.. bought 22 gallons of 93 ultra for 3.12 a gallon.. i thought it was a sale or a great deal b/c normally 93 is 3.40 around here.. 2 miles away from the gas station i drop 3 cylinders from misfires( 5,7,8, ironically the first 3 that get fuel first) finally got it to work.. thought it was an ignition problem.. but i ruled that out.. i ended up getting it home and in the shop... i took a sample out of my fuel cooler.. and this is what it looked like... i was sooo pissed i took the wifes jeep to that gas station and found out that the pumps are out of order and NYS scales and weights commision was there investigating the tanks... i guess a few other people complained.. the supplier of the fuel will be contacting me shortly..

soo... need some input..

i have the injectors. tb. and fuel rail off to get cleaned out tomorow,, (gotta work tonight) .. what do you guys think.. should i pump the rest out and drop the tank and try to clean it out.. or should i just pump as much out as possible and refill it with good fuel and try to run it? lets hope nothing got damaged by running a 5 cylinder motor

Old 05-27-2007, 03:04 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: should my fuel look like this?!?!?!?

i would say suck it dry and clean that thing out, you dont want to have this happen again as soon as you fire it up again.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:04 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best option is always to get rid of as much of the bad gas as possible. If the fuel company is getting in contact with you discuss your cost of the entire fuel system flush including the fuel tank. You might also think about any possible damage to your fuel pump from this so-called fuel.

Like you, I'd be extremely pissed had this hapened to me. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
JarheadX
All Star

man, i live in rochester! thats close to me, where did u get it from? I was using HESS and then i swithced to citgo and my gas milage is going up.. i hate hess

Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

yellow goose/sunoco in Leroy .. on rt. 5

i know dude.. i live like 20 mins from you.. i can throw the rock and hit the 490

Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
topsites
Professional

No, I don't think your fuel should look like that.

SUL should be either clear, or perhaps a light blue or light purple tint, like so:

Yes, that glass jar is full of Amoco 93 octane Super Unleaded, which in and of itself is clear like water.
Thou it came out of a 5 gallon can to which I had added 8 ounces of Sunoco 110 octane leaded (for offroad applications only).
Now that's some spirited stuff lol, but technically super unleaded should have NO tint at all, no discoloration.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
catthead

that sucks man. at least you caught it early. that could definitely ruin your fuel system.

Quick Reply: should my fuel look like this?!?!?!?