2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 dodge ram questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
chet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 dodge ram questions

i took my truck to the local shop to have the AC looked at and he quoted me $130 for an evap. and $300 in labor, he said he needed to pull the dash and it would just take awhile. i was wondering if it was something i could do by myself ?

also i seem to have lost the center cap for my rim, where could i get another ? i need one for an 01 and for my grandparents 03.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 01 dodge ram questions

It's not rocket science, just nuts and bolts, but, it does take time. Lots o' time.
I've had to do mine twice and it took me 8hrs the 1st and 5 the second. Actually, the very 1st time the warranty took care of it. Dodge has the lousiest evaps. and nothing seems to help. My local A/C shop charges ~$900 for this job. So I learned air conditioning! $130 for the evap is CHEAP. Here in west central FL about $160 and another $50 or so for a accumulator. Thats local retail. Did they give you a ballpark on the time? If you do it yourself, you'll need a helper to get the dash out. You can do it by just rolling the dash down but very limited room to get the HVAC box out in this way. I have all the tools and such and A/C is my strong mechanical background. But if you have limited resources and tools, let the shop do it and just suck it up. Sorry the news isn't better, but, been there and options are few.
WC

Quick Reply: 01 dodge ram questions