2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Bus? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
RealGirlsDriveTrucks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bus? Help!

So my 99 Ram has been having issues where it will stall and not start back up. After it stalls, I can't hear the fuel pump prime when I turn the key. After it sits for about 30 mins, I turn the key, pump primes, and it starts right up. Yesterday, it stalled while driving down the highway, so I pulled over. As usual, turn the key and it just turns over, no pump noises, no start. But I left the key in the on position. The digital odometer flashed twice then said no bus. What does this mean? Everyone keeps saying fuel pump, but if I replace the fuel pump and that isn't the problem, then I can't afford to replace anything else. Help!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain
Default RE: No Bus? Help!

https://dodgeforum.com/m_658975/tm.htm

https://dodgeforum.com/m_533404/tm.htm

A couple threads on "no bus", might be a couple of things to try there beforereplacing a fuel pump.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
RealGirlsDriveTrucks

OMG, Thanks SOOOO much for sending me those links! Those describe exactly what is happening to me. No doubt in my mind it is the ECM. I've got one on order for $225 with a 1 year warranty. Saved me tons of frustration and money. Everyone here on the 2nd gen forum has been a great help.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i got the 'no bus' when i forgot to put the grounds on at the power steering bracket. you might try removing and cleaning and retightening those.