2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

buzzer wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: buzzer wiring

ok, it stopped raining. clam shell covers are attached at the bottom with 3 torx screws. size = T-20. the one in the center is flush. the two on the sides are recessed up in the cover 2 inches. looks like you just need to remove the 3 torx, unscrew the tilt lever, and seperate the clip on the covers. looks like knee knocker and the inner shifter cover can stay on. somewhere i thought i used a T-15, and a tiny litte T-9, but i don't see where it was.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:20 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i got the one that is flush, couldnt find anything long enough for the recessed ones. i really appreciate the help.

im comin down to dahlonega this weekend, btw.... orientation, or 'intro' as they call it. wont be in my truck though.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

great. dahlonega is a very small place... mcdonalds, walmart, new chik-fil-a, moe's, capt d, pizza hut. lots of touristy stuff. no mall. no bars. lots of girls from gainesville up there, so thats a plus. hope everything goes good for you. if you happen to get over to walmart, notice how nice everybody is. it so strange, everybody just smiles and nods, and everyone who works there is either a student or old, and nobody is rude or nasty. it's a nice change from most of them. on the other hand, there is a small group of low life around the town, not many, but be on guard.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

no bars, huh? thats wierd. how far is it to gainesville? only about 10 minutes, right? im tryin to remember from the last time i drove down there.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge
no bars, huh? thats wierd.
oops, i'm wrong. i asked some people at work and they said there are a few. a couple by the college, also on the square, also down at 400/60 by the new home depot. nearby Banks County had a referendum yesterday to vote on approving liquor by the drink. it was defeated 792-453 on a 17% voter turnout. this is the heart of the bible belt. its about 20 min/20 mile from Dahlonega to Gainesville. a little less down 400 to Dawsonville. some students go on down 400 to the bigger metro atlanta area of Cumming, Roswell, and Buckhead. Buckhead is very popular area with all night bars and anything goes.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

haha. yea ive been hearing a lot about how big of a drinking school it is. they call it 'an alcohol school with a military problem' instead of the other way around. even though its supposed to be alcohol free (completely....)

i could've sworn gainesville wasnt down 400 (even though ive only been there twice.) i thought i passed through it coming in off of 85. o well ill get to knowthe areabetter in the fall.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

'an alcohol school with a military problem' . ha thats funny. i was talking to girl last year that was a freshman (a friend of mine's date) and i asked her what they did for entertainment in such a small town. she said they drove to buckhead every night and partied like fools. i'm not sure if she'll be returning as a sophmore or not.

gainesville is down 60 towards 85 about 20 miles. if you go down 400 you'll hit dawsonville (10 mi) cumming (20 mi) roswell (30 mi) and buckhead/atlanta (40-50 mi). for dirt roads go west on 52 towards elijay, or north on 60 towards blue ridge. get a map or you'll get lost as hell.[]

Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Dudeman042

I have a 97 1500 and my buzzer started going off one day and didn't quit, along with the seat belt light staying on... It buzzed the whole20 minute ride home from work and I started pulling fuses... My buzzer quit when I pulled one ofthe fuses in the middle of the box(I think it was titled buzzer/something)... The odd thing is the door/lights buzzer still works... The only thing that quit on mine was the temporary buzzer that goes off when you first crank up, and of course the seatbelt light went off... The only other thing I could find on mine that didn't work after I pulled the fuse was the light on the Overdrive button.... I can still hit the button and turn the overdrive off, but the button doesn't light up anymore..... So I think they are wired seperately... Don't know if this helps or not...

That is from another post, just thought you might be interested in what didn't work on mine after i pulled the fuse..

Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
mrsweet

The first thing I did when I got my truck home a couple years ago was take out the buzzer. I opened the fuse panel by the driver door and pushed on some cylinder type thing that seemed to be making the buzzing sound. Its closer to the front of the truck (sort of behind the plastic next to the cover). I used a screwdriver and pushed on the one that distorted the buzzing sound, then just pried it off. I still have my interior lights when I open my door, without the annoyance of the buzzer. I"m sure this isn't the best way, but it was easy and it worked like a charm (and there was no fear of cutting the wrong wires).

Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

i think dhvaughan's method sounds the easiest.... and safest...... i just havent done it yet ive been too busy to go buy some longer torx.

o yea.... dhvaughan- the busy-ness was at NGCSU. i cannot wait to get down there!!!!! haha. thanx again for your help on this.

Quick Reply: buzzer wiring