2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A Story About My Dad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
millenniumdna
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Story About My Dad.

I post this remembrance of my father.

Yesterday would have been my fathers 47 birthday. He died back in 1995 when I was 18. Me and him use to do alot of ATV riding he had a 1984 Honda 4-Trax and I had a 1989 Yamaha Banshee. He would pull our bikes as well as 3 others with a 1982 Chevy S-10 longbed. This thing had 180K miles on it and a rod knocking. He had his eye on the RAM. You see he had always been a dodge man, but owned the chevy S-10 because it was what he could afford with all his other hobbies. My grandparents manged to run into a large sum of money and gave my father 10K which he went down and put on a 1995 Dodge Ram. He loved that truck. He loved that truck so much i couldnt understand it, then i bought my SRT4 and i understand his passion for it. My father died 28 days after he bought the truck, before he ever made his first payement. He had a heart attack at the early age of 35. I post this not to get sympathy at all I post this because I was happy my father got his truck, even if for a short while he was happier then I have saw him. I fought with the finance because he had put so much down, they saw it as an opportunity to make a fast buck, he didnt have credit life on the truck and when they learned of his death they wanted the truck back bad. I tried to hide it from them for awhile. I was going to try to come with with the rest of the loan and pay it off but they found it. The repo guy showed up at my moms he said he had read the case file on the truck and couldnt bring himself to just take it away from me. He gave me two more days to try to raise the cash. I had an insurance check coming but they were dragging their feet. When he came back to get the truck he gave me the plates and took a polaroid of the truck. He said its not the same thing but its something. I was very thankful for that. After getting the insurance check and the coroner finshed the autopsy(because he was 35 and had a heart attack they do one automatically) I was able to bury my father. He was buried with his plates and the picture of his truck.

I miss my dad.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A Story About My Dad.

That's so sad...

~Amanda

Old 09-28-2004, 04:06 AM
94ram4x4 5.9
Professional

Your Father sounds like a wonderfull man! Makes you want to make the most of your time here! My condolences.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:29 PM
millenniumdna
All Star

Thanks guys!

Old 10-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I'm very sorry to hear about your father! If I were to die now the truck would automatically be paid off now and my dad would become the owner.

Karen

Quick Reply: A Story About My Dad.