2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3 inch hail got my truck last night

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 inch hail got my truck last night

Had a major hail storm last night that made my hood, roof, fenders, and drivers door look like a professional golf ball. I quit counting hood dents at 40.

I always wanted a nice, new, sporty aftermarket hood so now it looks like I can get one. What recommendations would all of you like to give me along with vendors to purchase them from. If I can I'm also gonna looking at a new billet grill so info on those would be nice also.

Thanks,

Old 06-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 3 inch hail got my truck last night

Get the shaker hood.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
theshocker
Veteran

I agree with Silver, those look good.

As far as hail. We went camping a couple of weekends ago and managed to avoid a storm that was dropping hail a little smaller than a baseball. [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have hard water stains on my truck too. Hail was about golf ball. It sucks. Still need to get them fixed.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

Summit Racing has a lot of hoods for our trucks. Take a look around.

That shaker hood is close to $1,000 just for the parts if you want the ram-air system...

Old 06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/Dragnro...654111QQsofpZ0

This ebay store has about 7 different hoods for the 2nd gen dodge, to give you some comparisons to see what you like.

I'm also partial to the Shaker hood, but it does cost more.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Ramdamit98

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/Dragnro...654111QQsofpZ0

This ebay store has about 7 different hoods for the 2nd gen dodge, to give you some comparisons to see what you like.

I'm also partial to the Shaker hood, but it does cost more.
I like the Hemi style hood. I think it looks very aggressive. That sucks about the hail though, hopefully you can find a cool hood to replace it with.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say leave it alone. Over time most will come out on their own. Take the insurance money and spend it on something else. Besides, golf ***** have dimples in them for a reason. Now your truck has better aerodynamics.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

ORIGINAL: Aubrey

I say leave it alone. Over time most will come out on their own. Take the insurance money and spend it on something else. Besides, golf ***** have dimples in them for a reason. Now your truck has better aerodynamics.
There's not a heck of a lot left for me to do to my ride. I decided against a lift. Purchased the Hellwig LP-35 Helper Spring Kit for towing, and the Remflex Header gaskets that still need installed. I don't plan on fixing the roof so that covers all of my deductible and more. I just can't stand seeing those hood dents while I'm driving.

If I buy the shaker hood, anybody out there interested in the K&N FIPK II CAI I have installed right now?

There is one thing I can get, but that's only about $300 and that's a custom set of fuel rails. Hmmmm.

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Glideman88
Professional

We've been lucky down here around Rochester as most of the hail storms this week have been either North or West of us.

That really sucks about your truck but if it was me, I'd probably replace it with another stock hood and invest the money in a couple more performance mods. I've claimed hail damage a couple times on other vehicles over the years.

The first time I made a claim over 20 years ago, I put all the cash into the car (new paint, fiberglass hood, spoiler package, exhaust, rims/tires and misc) and ended up selling the car soon after it was done. After-all it did look completely different, but it was still the same car that I owned for nearly 5 years and it was time for a change.

My second claim a few years ago, I repaired a little ofthe cosmetic damage and used the rest of the cash to payoff the truck and a couple other bills.

Quick Reply: 3 inch hail got my truck last night