2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wanted: 5.9 magnum header to mount turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 AM
17CumminsBoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted: 5.9 magnum header to mount turbo

does anyone have or know how to build a header for the pass. side of the 5.9 engine to put a turbo? it would be in a Ram 1500

Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Default RE: wanted: 5.9 magnum header to mount turbo

I'll bet Pacesetter would do it. They already have the head flanges and the general layoutthe truck. I'd be careful doing a turbo setup though. I would say definitely get an M1, an intercooler, and a timing retard. That was a pretty funny vid you posted, but those guys f'ed that truck up. I'd bet the reason that they don't make turbos for our trucks is that they are known for detonation problems andanyway. That and a poor intake manifold design.The boost plus the hot air was sure a little more than thier motor could handle. It ran good for a little while though.lol

Old 06-27-2007, 03:56 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: mopowar

I'll bet Pacesetter would do it. They already have the head flanges and the general layoutthe truck. I'd be careful doing a turbo setup though. I would say definitely get an M1, an intercooler, and a timing retard. That was a pretty funny vid you posted, but those guys f'ed that truck up. I'd bet the reason that they don't make turbos for our trucks is that they are known for detonation problems andanyway. That and a poor intake manifold design.The boost plus the hot air was sure a little more than thier motor could handle. It ran good for a little while though.lol
what video is this?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
spaz_22
Captain

i posted a video of a 318 that was turbo charged and thy blew up the motor later on...i forget the post, but i think it has to do with like turbo charge 360...

Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the link to the topic https://dodgeforum.com/m_863214/tm.htm

here is the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPIs129pA6Y

Quick Reply: wanted: 5.9 magnum header to mount turbo