2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Supercharger boost shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:09 PM
QuadCab318
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supercharger boost shutdown

More info here
http://superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=97
and here
http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=84%20

look around that site for more help...

Old 07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
QuadCab318
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 91wrangler

Wow...this went bad in a hurry...haha. I'm not sure what FMU it is, I think it came with the powerdyne supercharger kit. There are no wires going to it...it is just a vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator.
it's boost operated not vacuum

Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mopowar

All the money we get goes to Al Gore so he can buy his kids hybrids, thus enabling them to tear up the highways at 100mph all jacked up on drugs.
hybrids can hit 100mph....who knew lol....must be going down hill with the wind behind them

Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ryans590

ORIGINAL: mopowar

All the money we get goes to Al Gore so he can buy his kids hybrids, thus enabling them to tear up the highways at 100mph all jacked up on drugs.
hybrids can hit 100mph....who knew lol....must be going down hill with the wind behind them
I think Al Gores' son has a lot of hot air behind him. Off topic, the 20' sea level rise he talks about in his movie.... The global scientific community predict more like 14.....inches.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
lv360ram
Captain

The western U.S is in a major multi-year drought. Lake Mead which is formed by Hoover/Boulder Dam is really low. As Stevie Ray Vaughan says "it's flooding down in Texas, all the telephone lines are down"( guitar riff) The northern midwest got pounded with snow last winter. I associate warming with dryness and being warm. I asked a liberal feminist how global warming could create drought(dryness), flooding(wetness), and big snow(coldwetness) all in the same year. She said oh that's easy, global warming just makes each season more extreme.I said Oh, I get it. Global warming can be applied to any climate, any season, any weather, any condition at any time. Yep.
Oh, and a supercharger would be nice.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Fret not. Stevie died because God needed a new guitar player. I assume that maybe he was tired of Mr. Hendrix. Even still, all is now good since the arival of Mr.J Garcia, who incidentally would not approve of Gore's behavior. The global climate is cyclical and always has been. Al gore has always wanted to be a SUPERHERO ACTION FIGURE. This firstbecame evident when he struck out against tobacco in his home state of Tennessee. Tennessee's #1 cash crop then and now (besides mary jane) is tobacco. Because his sister died of cancer, he sold out the people that elected him. I look for him soon to come out strong against speeding and drug abuse. This is the kind of sell out that he is. Even though 10's of millions of stoners will show up tomorrow to his global theme concert, he will sell them out on monday.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
froesen
Professional

sounds more like you're hitting the rev limiter, check your TV cable adjustment

Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
lv360ram
Captain

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

No really, I think he was serious. That was the intention of my first post in this thread. To find out how sophisticated a fmu unit he was running and whether or not it had control of the ignition system. Not only from a rev limiter standpoint, but with the new **** you can pull as much timing as you want. Who knows how the guy had the stuff set up.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: QuadCab318

FMU is fuel management unit

In a nutshell, the FMU adjusts fuel pressure when the boost comes on, regulating it at normal levels during normal operation and dramatically increasing it on demand. It is purely a mechanical device, using different sized disks inside the unit to alter the pressure at which the FMU takes effect. This makes it relatively easy to install and adjust.
They don't all work this way. In some cases the FMU is incorporated into a EMU... With which timing and fuel is controlled under boost AND under normal operating conditions.

Quick Reply: Supercharger boost shutdown