2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gear lockouts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear lockouts?

Im getting kind of tired of not being able to give wot without worrying about my trans downshifting on me. when manually shifting, obviously i can lock first from upshifting, and second from upshifting to 3rd, and does not downshift to 1st in 2nd either, but when in drive im always having a problem of giving wot without it shifting down to 2nd no matter the rpm it would go to. Not only that, it will not shift into third without letting off the throttle. I recall hearing that other people have this problem, and im going to assume its either a faulty part, or some design feature to do with towing. Is there some module that is broken that if replaced would fix this problem, and if not, is there some tuning i can do to resolve the issue? or do i need to rebuild the trans?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Default RE: Gear lockouts?

Well what does the transmisssion fluid look like?

Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
lv360ram
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting tired too.....of coming out of overdrive going up big hills. Adjusting the trans cable helped, butI wish I could push the gas 15-20% more before the downshift.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

serch the T.V. cable mod, somone did a write up on it a while back may help ya a bit

Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: HellaciousHemi

Well what does the transmisssion fluid look like?
clean and red as my blood...or maybe it was my blood, idk

ORIGINAL: ryans590

serch the T.V. cable mod, somone did a write up on it a while back may help ya a bit
will do.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran

heres a link for ya even though you have probably allready looked at it

http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...Adjustment.pdf

Old 07-09-2007, 11:33 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: cdusthockey

heres a link for ya even though you have probably allready looked at it

http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...Adjustment.pdf
thank you, i have seen parts of it, but not the whole thing. Im going to try that now and see if it works.

i tried that, but it didnt work. i have a diffrent style adjustment, which is a push and pull method instead of the clip. It was pushed all the way back, so i pulled it out about 6 notches. at the 6th notch, it went right to 3rd, and locked there from 30-100, no matter how hard i mashed the throttle. Though, at 95/100 it downshifted to 2nd after not having done so the whole rev band. so im assuming that its going to continue to do so once it builds a certian ammount of line pressure, which leads me to believe the 2-3 shift accumulator spring/piston (whatever it is on this trans) is broken. what do you guys think. (I did try all 5 other notches, to no avail. and put it back to original.)

Quick Reply: Gear lockouts?