2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

chips

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 02:12 PM
Milfs98Dram
|
Default chips

i have a 98 dodge ram 1500 quad cab4x4 3inch. body lift and 3 inch. suspention wanting a biger suspension.i was looking at getting a chip for my truck and was wondering which chip to get and what are the things i am going to get out of having this chip. thanks for all the help i can get.

Old 07-13-2007 | 02:16 PM
froesen
Professional
Default RE: chips

the good ol generic "chip"....lol. the plug in chips like jet or whatever seem to be garbage from what i've seen heard, the programmers are better (i think hypertech is prefered around here?) and the best is a B&G custom flash, where you send them your computer and they reprogram it and send it back. get somewhat better power, fuel economy (maybe), and throttle response.

Old 07-13-2007 | 03:59 PM
dennisadhs
Default RE: chips

I bought a hypertech and there was a little increase in power. I saw a decrease in gas mileage too (my fault). Where i saw the most difference was at cruising speed on the highway. My speed stayed constant while going up hills with cruise control on & it downshifted less going up hills. Other than that there was nothing that changed. I didnt think it was worth the money so I sold it on Ebay for as much as I bought it.

Quick Reply: chips