2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where do you buy your aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:58 AM
99Ram4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you buy your aftermarket parts?

I ordered my power programmer from
http://www.strippermotorsports.com/

They are much cheaper than the local truck performance shop. I'm thinking I will order my other parts from them but I'm curious where you guys order your parts.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
RamMan4x4
Rookie
Default RE: Where do you buy your aftermarket parts?

Engine parts come from Summit or Hughes
Other partscan come from anywhere but Iuse 4wheelparts.com a lot

Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

summit , ebay , local shops ..at my local 4x4 shop we all know each others names...lol sign im there to much...

Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.rockauto.com

Even with shipping (FedEx Ground), I've saved money over O'reilly and Auto Zone. All Moog replacement parts in the suspension system. Placing a large order (over $150) is what helps.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mostly from Summit since their prices are usualy very good, and there customer service has always been fantastic for me. Otherwise, I have purchased from Rocky Mountain Suspension, Jegs, JC Whitney, Southeast R/T, Airram, and Napa to name a few that have been good.

I refuse to buy anything from Checker Auto that is going to go near my truck except for oil and stuff like that, never any parts. I also try not to buy anything from the dealerships. Their markups are ridiculous.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
echseman
Professional

summit racing, 4wheelparts, 4wheelonline(be carefull, these guys sent me the wrong shocks... twice!), and i got my k&n fipk through autozone.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summit for the reasons Silver mentions - Aeromotive Eliminator fuel system(billet pump/controller/reg/filters)w/summit alum cell, G-Force fire jacket, poly race buckets, 5point harnesses and a few other things
Hughes - 55mm tb, 650lift springs, main girdle think my heads studs as well. Good tech/fair prices
Canadian Tire (crappytire ) for oil, filters and general automotive stuff, lot of my tools
KRC- I only bought my billet fuel rails from them. At $656Cdn &having to make many phone calls to FL to finally get them to ship (3months from pay to delivery) Ill never buy from Marty again!
ebay,forums "parts for sale"(other siteuse to go to/still a moderator)
Eastwoods is a new paint supplier.Ordered a complete powder coating kit from them 2days ago. Probably going to delay me getting everything back together.I also deal with another paint supplier locally but cant remember their name.
Stylintrucks.com and truckperformance.com Ive got things like ssmirrorsand couple trim pieces from.

Local suppliers are
Aurora Automotive - all of my block/head machine work and 1/2 the internals for my 408 as well as my FAST stand alone ($600Cdn less for my fast than buddy paid KRC!!) They have an engine dyno and chassis dyno. Ill be tuning my FAST/ATI/408 at their shop when I finally get things finished. Good advice/prices
Warden Automotive- generalparts and tools
Princess Auto - tools
Straightline Racing know me by name or voice on the phone (met Andy Renkin @ track). Belltech 2x4, 3 sets ofslicks, set ofskinnies, Weld draglite rims, adj drag shocks, gauges, 65lb inj, fans, headers, u/d pulleys, battery relocation kit etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Good advice/prices

Mr. Transmission - Know Ray Sanchez from the track. He is also Ontario distributor for Procharger so get tech info from him as well as he takes care of my tc/trans/diff setup.If I ever get my tranny out, (exhaust holding it in/floor jack died) Ill be dropping it off with them to put in my PATC Ramzilla internals finally! (rated to 1200hp/1200trq)Bought 2 tcs, couple coolers, 2 rebuilds/upgrades, deep pan and my Procharger D-1from him as well. Good advice/price

I wont buy from a stealership ever again. Incompetance and over priced is the order of the day with them in both work performed or parts sold. Cant tell you how many times they sold me the wrong parts. Worst case, bought bare alum MP heads 2 1/2 years ago. Took 6months to get a good set. (2sets were literally garbage) Castings issues with them had one cylinder per head off about 1/3". Valve angles on that cyclinder were off from the rest by about 15deg! They had 26 garbage sets in a warehouse in Michigan

Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

I buy from the dealer often, wholesale.
Never Auto Zone, inferior parts.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

The major stuff I purchase from Summit Racing but the little piddly stuff I get from my local auto parts stores.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain

napa, jc whitney, lmc trucks, and my favorite....ebay

Quick Reply: Where do you buy your aftermarket parts?