2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil pressure Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:16 PM
tyson1998
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure Question

When I have drove the truck for a while when I stop the oil pressure goes down to just to the right of the "acceptable bar marks" Is this normal or should I be concerned?
I guess I can go to thicker oil if I need to, however the motor is not makeing any unusual noises, so I assume it is ok, but I would like to verify you have the same issue. When moving it jumps fairly quick back up to just a little bit over 40

Thank you so much in advance

Old 10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
tyson1998
Default RE: Oil pressure Question

You guys have trucks, and you drive them, help me out

Old 10-14-2004, 11:16 PM
mysecondram

Have you checked your oil to make shure there is some in there.Im asking that becouse my 98 blew an intake mannifold gasket an sucked up and burned all the oil.I didnt know till I stopped at a light and the needle went to the red.It was coverd under warrenty and they said some 318 tended to do that.

But I also had a buddy that had one and his guage was acting up.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Slomojo01
Professional

Check the plenum pan and get the APS plenum pan gasket to fix the problem if that is the problem. Also, you might want to take notice to how much oil the engine consumes. If it consumes alot and there aren't too many miles on it, you might try starting there.

Quick fix for me right now seeing as how my engine is losing pressure and making noise is adding Lucas Oil Stabilizer. When I last changed my oil, this took care of the problem, but after a few hundred miles, same ish... I only added 1 quart with 4 quarts 10w30 but the bottle of lucas says that you can use up to like 60-80% of system capacity on badly worn engines. So for a 30 dollar bottle of lucas, that might take care of your problem temporarily if your plenum pan is your problem and you don't yet want to fix it.

Quick Reply: Oil pressure Question