2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trucks down, fan problem - Electric fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:25 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trucks down, fan problem - Electric fans

2 winters ago i removed my stocker clutch fan and installed two 16" "procomp" fans from ebay (about 25 to 30 bones a peice) fabbed up a custom steel shroud and was very pleased with the results..... 5 days ago i noticed one fan wasnt running, and after troublshooting the problem , the only thing i could think of is that the fan was burnt out. today.. the other fan does the same thing and it aswell is burned up..

ironic that both fans burned up at in the same week.. i guess you get what you pay for.. lol

just letting you guys who were looking at these fans know that even tho they are cheep,,,you may be replacing them...they are explicitly labeld "procomp" fans on an ebaysearch.. you cant miss them..

still shopping around.. but i know ill be going with flex or proforms.. im just outwieghing the CFM to amp draw to price ratios right now

Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 AM
echseman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trucks down, fan problem - Electric fans

thanks for the info. i am looking to do the coversion to electric fans, and heard the fans from a junk ford minivan work well.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ive heard the same aswell.. the linlcon mark IV (iirc) work reall well and are a dime-a-dozen on ebay.. i wanted to go the more "custom" route so thats why i went the direction i did..

let me kow how you do yours.. im interested to see how it goes.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

I just threw away two fans from a lincon. I pulled them from a junk yard I just couldn't find the time to fab something so that they would mount on the radiator.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Ford Tarus fans are the best, they flow the most of any factory fan, its like 4000 cfm or something. They drawn a TON though so you best have the 136 amp alt and you have to use a huge relay, like one from a snow plow works good.

Wheelers have been using they for a while, I have one for my Jeep.

Quick Reply: Trucks down, fan problem - Electric fans