2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Few Questions for Sport Ram...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
RAMINATOR2007
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions for Sport Ram...

1. I found a truck but it got rear issue... He said When you drive it... it drives fine goin straight but when you turn there issometimes aloud "chunk" noise that comes from the rear end and the limited slip seems to stay locked in posi. Has anyone had the same problem or anything and how much would it be fixed for???

2. Can two plug headlights can change into one plug cuz I found an aftermarket headlight that got one plug...

3. Can the front bumper be convert to Regular bumper cuz I'd like to put brush guard on it since they don't have anything for sport model...

Thanks,
Andrew

Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 PM
RAMINATOR2007
Rookie
Default RE: Few Questions for Sport Ram...

by the way it's 2000 ram sport extended 4x4 if that matters...

Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

very rough guesses on pricing...

1. worst case - ring, pinon, bearings, lsd, labor at non-dealer shop might run $500-1500. maybe more for premium lsd. junk yard complete rear end swap might be cheaper. 250-500. lsd replacement, maybe 400 for dodge crap/track-loc or 500 for powertrax, or 750-1000 for premium auburn lsd.
http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com
2. i don't know, maybe junkyard light harness ??? maybe more trim pieces required ??
3. yes. buy new, ebay, or junk yard.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Trashlord
Rookie

if you can get the truck for a good price then I would look at it as a good time to beef up that rear end
are the sports limited slip?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
RAMINATOR2007
Rookie

I'm not exactly sure... I just wondered if any of the ram owners had this problem before so i would know what i need and how much the repair would be... I just want it to be driveable in cheap way cuz I'm only goin to use it to carry 4 wheeler and even pull a trailer and boat and whatever...

Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the 2 plug headlight can be changed to one. Just leave one unplugged. it wont hurt anything. also, if you take the sport lights off the truck, i would love to have em. Also, welcome to DF

Old 08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
RamMan4x4
Rookie

Not sure about the clunk, just make sure you know where its at for yourself and not take the word of the guy trying to sale you his truck. Might be a good idea to take it to a mechanic and ask for an estimate...unless you are mechanically inclined enough to do it yourself.

ORIGINAL: rtmorrisjr

Yes the 2 plug headlight can be changed to one. Just leave one unplugged. it wont hurt anything. also, if you take the sport lights off the truck, i would love to have em. Also, welcome to DF
While this will work, the sport headlights have one lamp for low beam and one for high beam. The only time they both work at one time is when you flash your lights by pulling back on the dim switch. In other words, if you only use only the low beam lamp in the new headlights and you switch to your high beams, YOU WON"T HAVE ANY LIGHTS. This can be fixed but you will need to mod it yourself.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RamMan4x4

Not sure about the clunk, just make sure you know where its at for yourself and not take the word of the guy trying to sale you his truck. Might be a good idea to take it to a mechanic and ask for an estimate...unless you are mechanically inclined enough to do it yourself.

ORIGINAL: rtmorrisjr

While this will work, the sport headlights have one lamp for low beam and one for high beam. The only time they both work at one time is when you flash your lights by pulling back on the dim switch. In other words, if you only use only the low beam lamp in the new headlights and you switch to your high beams, YOU WON"T HAVE ANY LIGHTS. This can be fixed but you will need to mod it yourself.
You can buy a plug (single) and take the original plugs (double) and cut it and splice it to the new (single) plug. as far as im concerned, i would want the sport lights so i could have the 4 lights instead of just the 2.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
RAMINATOR2007
Rookie

The aftermarket bulbs are two seperate sets, here is the link to it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply: Few Questions for Sport Ram...