2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tough Horn

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Horn

Do any of you other Dodge owners have a horn that doesn't want to honk. You have to put a lot of pressure on just the right spot for it work. It takes both hands! In my parents new Dodge I can do it with my pinky finger. I've gotten to where I don't even use my horn any more because I have to put so much pressure on it that I'm scared that someday I'll spin the wheel and I'll wreck. Any ideas why my horn is so contrary?

Old 08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
TheForce55555
All Star
Default RE: Tough Horn

The pin that actuates the horn in the steering wheel is going to hell. what the hell do you need a horn for anyway. just drop it in neutral and punch it, it gets peoples attention

Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did and sounded like a sick goat too. Not sure if you get that. One horn went out, then the other. I replaced them both and it fixed it. If yours sounds like a sick goat, that's where I'd start.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

just get a semi horn

Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

It doesn't really sound like a sick goat. You just have to put a ton of pressure on it to honk. And about the semi horns, no way. My friend down the road has TRAIN HORNS. I'm not talking about the 125d like you can buy out of JCWhitney or something like that. These are off an actual TRAIN! It is about the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. It was cool the first couple of times, but it starts to get a little annoying. And he is WAY to proud of them if you know what I mean. No thanks, I think I'll just keep my normal horn.[sm=shutup.gif]

Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Dodgeboy328

It doesn't really sound like a sick goat. You just have to put a ton of pressure on it to honk. And about the semi horns, no way. My friend down the road has TRAIN HORNS. I'm not talking about the 125d like you can buy out of JCWhitney or something like that. These are off an actual TRAIN! It is about the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. It was cool the first couple of times, but it starts to get a little annoying. And he is WAY to proud of them if you know what I mean. No thanks, I think I'll just keep my normal horn.[sm=shutup.gif]
hahahaha well ive seen it before. its way tooo loud

Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Yeah and he loves to hide out in his floorboard until you get right in front of his truck. He scared me so bad one time I thought I was going to have a heart attack. And that's no exaggeration. I know for a fact that he is terrified of spiders. That's how I'm gonna get him back.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

I cant believe this is finally on here!! Thought I was just crazy.. I found that I have to hit such a certain spot near the top of the wheel I had to put a red dot sticker on there just to know where to press the horn, my guess was that the guy who owned the truck before me crashed, the airbag went off and the horn switch got put back in the wrong place?...

Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I too have trouble finding the right spot. As a result, I put a new horn button on top of my collum.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:00 PM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

Thats a good idea May...

Quick Reply: Tough Horn