2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2x4 lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2x4 lowering kit

Im toying with the idea of a lowering kit...what are the pros and cons of a 2" x 4" lowering kit? I have 6 month old billstein shocks and I really like they way they handle, but unfortunately they will have to be replaced, Im told, if I were to lower. Im considering the belltech kit, does anyone have experience with this kit? How is the ride? Do you get a lot of body roll? Did you have to get therear leaf springs and the front spindles as well? Thanks.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:23 PM
CALVIN305
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2x4 lowering kit

one thing i dont like about lowering these trucks is the tranny crossmember. it sticks out and looks ugly. if you lower it i would look into a raising kit for the crossmember which i think djm sells one. even on raised dodges it looks ugly as hell. maybe its just me but it bugs the **** out of me!

im sorry i cant help you with the rest of the information you need..

also i thought i would add,if this is ok with you, for the rear would leafs be better or hangers and shackles for maintaining load capacity. sorry i should have started my own post i just thought you might want to know as well..

Quick Reply: 2x4 lowering kit