2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Colorado Roundup? (Updated with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
defiantmopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Colorado Roundup?

I have marked it on my calander and even got a hall pass to go. Looking forward to making it

Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
jbrowning

Back to the top.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget yall, this is only about a week away.

I think Bill will have some updated info for us next week so that we all know where were goin, where to meet up, etc...

Old 09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
K0FEI

My wife and I will try to make it.

We have a stock 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 quad cab 4x4 diesel. No running boards or anything else.

Think we can traverse the trail?

Thanks
Frank

Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
nhlbill
Veteran

You should not have any problems. Last year when I went up this trail, there was a stock Yukon Denali coming from the Alice side. There are a couple spots that are moderate, but most of the trail is easy.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Bill,
I usually remove my running boards when I know i'm heading up, but this week is going to be jammed pack and I doubt I will have time. Do you think I need too (since you've seen this trail)? I would think that with 3" of lift, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. They actually don't hang down any lower then the pinch weld under the doors, but the stick out laterally a little. I'm usually more afraid of hitting them from the side then I am from the bottom.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
LALOLAND

We had plans this Saturday, but this sounds like alot of fun, i f I can swing it I'll be there. My rig is'nt really set up for off road, but is running great and I think it should do fine. If I do'nt make it you guys have fun.

I'm in Castle Rock

maybe
yes
either
no

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ok, everyone who is interested in this, here is the information we have posted on some other forums about this:

We are on for Saturday. Last count I did had about 10-12 confirmed, and another 10-15 maybe's, so the turnout should be good. We'll meet in Rollinsville at 10:00am. When you get to Rollinsville, go all the way through the town. Once at the end of town there is a very wide pull off area where we will wait until 10:30 am (but tryng to meet 10:00am). Then we will travel west on Rollins pass Rd about 4 miles to Tolland (a wide spot in the road, but does have signs). Right after Tolland is the left turn for the trail. It is not marked Kington Peak, it has a forrest service Rd number but I don't remember which until I see it, so make it to the meeting point!

If you are coming from the north/Boulder, take Hwy 119 west out of Boulder till you get to Nederland, then 119 south to Rollinsville.

If you are centrally located, you can go up Coal Creek Canyon rd to 119 and then south to Rollinsville.

If you are coming from down south, you can go to Golden and the take Hwy 6 to 119 (the Blackhawk/Central City rd.). Then go north on 119 through Blackhawk and then continue north to Rollinsville.

If you go to www.4x4trails.net you can see a description of the trail, but the guy who did the trail review describes it backwards from Alice to Rollinsville. Although this trail is generally considered a "one way" trail from Rollinsville to Alice, the trail is not posted one way so you occasionally run into somebody doing it backwards. Sucks to be them if they are coming down the big shelf road part because going up has the right of way!

Hereare a few reviews:
http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=76
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=14

Bring your own food for luch or whenever you want to eat. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here, or PM myself or Bill. Hope to see you all there on Saturday.

Reid

Old 09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys got it made with the trails and the Scenery , i would love to be out there hell in pa there is nothing as trails go i hope you guys take alot of pics ..just amazing !!!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ya, I love Colorado. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else except maybe Alaska.

Quick Reply: Colorado Roundup? (Updated with Pics)