2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fabtech Vs. Skyjacker Vs. other lift kit brands???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:21 PM
BigRedMiniRig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabtech Vs. Skyjacker Vs. other lift kit brands???

which one should i get, or are there better companies to go with for a suspension lift, i want 35" tires on it tho so like a 4.5 to 6in lift is what i want.

i was leaning tward the fabtech 5.5"so i can get the optional dual front shocks. but i want your imput

thanks,
Fred

Old 08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fabtech Vs. Skyjacker Vs. other lift kit brands???

i can only answer on what i got , thats a skyjacker 3" and i like it alot but as always want bigger 5" .. skyjacker only makes 3 , 5 , 7" susp. nice to know what you got as in year ? 1500, 2500 ? to fit 35" on a 1500 5 inch at least , unless u do what im gonna do a 3" body then 35 will fit great ..skyjacker has a dual shock set up and so does TGC ..you can also piece your lift toghter depends on your funds ...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to get this one http://www.marketworks.com/storefron...mp;i=230024776

but decided on a littler lift... It looks nice.

Ive herd alot of good things about fabtech, but when I look I just look for the halfway good brands and get the one that doesnt have blocks or spacers to gain lift.. Id rather get lift from new springs and add a leafs.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
nhlbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh,
Exactly right, you want a kit that has a rear lift that does not include stacking blocks on top of the factory blocks. The Skyjacker 5" kit is a good kit. For the rear lift, SJ gives you a 4" add-a-leaf that levels the suspension and also aids in helping with axle wrap.I never had any issues with the SJ 5" kit other than height ( I wanted to go bigger).

Quick Reply: Fabtech Vs. Skyjacker Vs. other lift kit brands???