2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust manifolds

The first time I removed my manifolds, there were no gaskets.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chopper1

When you have the manifolds surfaced you will not need to use gaskets. Cost me around $60. at the machine shop.
After I screwed around with a couple of sets of cheap crap Summit headers, I had the manifolds surfaced and bolted them back on and haven't had any issues for a couple of years.
You mentioned a new set of heads. Is that why the manifolds have been off and put back on? If the manifolds are surfaced and the heads are free of debris they should seal fine.
I've had some friends do this before too. I also had i done, but I used gaskets anyway, it was on an IROC back in the day.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mopowar

The first time I removed my manifolds, there were no gaskets.
i was waiting to see if any one would catch on that the stock head and the stock exhaust manifold dont have a gasket...and when you replace the stock head to the stock manifold dont use no gaskets...if not stock then it changes everything..

Quick Reply: exhaust manifolds