2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm gone for 3 days and....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm gone for 3 days and....

What the hell happened to that thread I started about the crap Mustangs.

I didn't get a chance to respond before it got locked...But those guys are totally retards. I said flat out my truck is big and slow. I wasn't saying I can beat any "muscle car" like that *** hat seems to think. I said that a gang of 6 year olds could beat me, and its probably true.

Mustangs are pieces of ****, flat out. Thats what the thread was about. If a "sports car" (even the lower end v6 version) like the Mustang can't even beat an underpowered 3 ton Pickup thats saying something... Ford doesn't even make a decent fast car, other then the GT I guess. I mean Chevy makes the Corvette with 500+ HP and Dodge has the Viper and SRT-10. Ford sucks *****, all there is to it. The only 1/2 decent trucks they make are the 3/4 and 1 tons. Even those are crap. They might work it you don't have the thousands of electrical problems they constantly have.

Oh, and hope the new ones don't burn down your house with 4 foot flames shooting out the exhaust.

PS. I'm done, the first mod to see this can delete it if you want, I was just venting

Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm gone for 3 days and....

I'm not just saying this because i own a dodge, but does anybody else notice that it seems like fordhas to add a supercharger or some similiar modto get the power of their motors (mustang for example) to equal anything made by aGM (ex: GTO),or dodge (charger, challenger).

Old 08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't really like to make blanket statements like "all fords suck" because I like some of what Ford does, as well as Chevy, GMC, Toyota, etc... Conversly, there's some of what Dodge does that I dislike too. The F-150 is a decent truck for example for a 1/2 ton, and the Super Duty has some nice features too, but i'd still opt for a Dodge truck first though. I'm also a huge Mustang fan (i've owned 5 in my life). The reason people think Mustangs are slow is that evey punk with a Mustang (be it v6, GT, or whatever) thinks their **** don't stink just because they own a Mustang. They try to race everthing rolling on rubber, and too often they lose (even to full size unmodified Rams) because they don't realize that it takes more then just a Mustang badge for your car to be fast. But there is a big difference between a v6 Mustang, and a '03 or '04 Cobra for example, so to say that all Mustangs are slow just isn't true.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker

I agree, Silver_Dodge. Every company has their disparing moments, but I would say "V6 Mustangs suck," rather than all...especially Cobras. But, as jnellydodge mentioned, it usually does include a super-charger when Ford has a high-powered vehicle. I think the engineers just like the whistling sound. Even if you look back to the 60's and 70's, Ford's muscle cars were no match for Mopar or Chevy (as far as normal production vehicles).My brother owns a 2007 Ford F-150, and it's a pretty good truck, but his '06 he had was plagued by some electrical problem that resulted in the hiring of a lawyer, and eventually, the even swap for a '07. But, historically, Ford does have a good rep for their trucks and Mustangs. We all choose to hate some brand of vehicles, so I have to respect Socha_62's choice to hate Ford. I hate those little square Scion things...

Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

here we go again

Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain

I wont go as far as to say that all fords suck but in my opinion, their trucks due suck just because I love dodge trucks so much. I've only owned one ford so far and it was a 99 taurus and that is a really good car. I had no problems with that car what so ever and I drove it like a god damn race car. It took 2 1/2 years for something to brake on that thing and the only reason it broke (the tranny) is because I drove it rougher then what it was built to handle. But in the end, I have to agree with Ram2k1, I hate then little scion things.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Works4Ford
Rookie

Well the reason that Ford uses smaller motors with forced induction is because all manufacturers have a new rule since I think 2006. The average of all sold cars in a year must have average mpg ratings of like 25mpg in order to not get fined. And I like mustangs, too. I have one. It's the chevy trucks that suck. They have a very bad problem after 30,000 miles where the aluminum casting marks from the cylinder heads crack off and clog the intake valve.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Mustangs are bitch cars and always have been. Fck ford.

Just wanted to regress a bit. Seriously though, I don't care for ford and never have. If someone wants to buy/drive one I don't look down on them though. The mustangs obviously have awesome customer loyalty and have got there place in America's love affair w/ it's vehicles. Why else would there be so much clatter about them in a forum titled: "2nd gen Dodge trucks"

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

please guys, we need to keep this thread in a mild manner side of things... admin has already been made aware of the bashers and now they are on the look out...

now with that said..

i dislike ford alot aswell. i drive one at work from time to time, and i also drive a gmc, and between the two trucks, the gmc takes the cake.

you know the saying

id rather push a dodge then drive a ford..

ok,, im done before i get yelled at.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

well i used to sell fords. bottom line they are not good vehicles. the new mustangs might look nice and the gts are quick but they are shoddily made. let it run hot one time and the engine is done.

with that said, i agree with everyone else that scions are gay.

Dodge is the best, hands down.

Quick Reply: I'm gone for 3 days and....