2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FINAL OPINIONS...COLD AIR INTAKES!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINAL OPINIONS...COLD AIR INTAKES!

Just want to see what you guys all think before I go ahead and purchase a cold air intake kit this next coming week. I'm down to the AEM Brute Force, K&N's kit, or the Volant Cold Air Intake kit. All of these kits looks different, and have different horsepower ratings. Volant is the most different of them all, and is the most expensive. What kit do you guys think I should go with? For people who owns these kits, please let me know what your experiences are with them including gains, looks, and sounds. It will all be very helpful when choosing the CAI Kit, thanks for your help everyone, you guys never dissapoint me, seriously!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
heybuddy1901
Professional
Default RE: FINAL OPINIONS...COLD AIR INTAKES!

ud be better off going the round air filter route..

https://dodgeforum.com/m_950007/mpag.../tm.htm#951397

alot cheaper..

Old 09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^

+1 I agree completely. CAI won't net you much more performance (if any at all) over a $40 round filter setup.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:29 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

ill be honest i bought a cheapo one off ebay for like 50bux and put a k&n filter on it and it works and sounds great its a shorty but i got this friend whos posed to fab up an extension to go down near my radiator to get cooler air and hes charging me vittles for it so i got out dirt cheap just an idea bro....j ....i know the brand name ones arent cheap so....$0.02

Old 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

What about the RamAirBox?

I was going to buy a cheapo pieco crapo off ebay because they have the blue one that matches my truck but then I found the RamAirBox.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's a decent product, but a guy named BigSchwerm found one that seems to seat better. You'd have to look his up.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Honestly though guys, I don't want the round air filter set-up. Firstly it's completled exposed to all that heat directly,and it doesn't look all that great to me. I really would like to go with a kit, a lot of guys run these kits and have great success to them. I know for sure that the volant is probably the best option though because you get the best of both worlds (follows stock set-up, the filter is encased with a giant head shield, and then you get a nice hi-flo filter that draws air from the fender. Granted its expensive, i think it's the best route 2 go. I mean, i wanna get it done right, it's a really nice truck, and i want to make sure it gets the best....just might take sum xtra tyme to get the ****! anyone else got thoughts? p/s thx for everyones help as of yet, its still appreciated.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Well now that i have tested my hood scoop, I can verify the effectiveness, and input my oppinion on the subject. I know your prolly not interested in the hood scoop idea, but I will tell you this. I made a 200 milehighway trip yesterday and i used 1/2 a tank at an avg of 80mph rather than 3/4 @ 80.So if your looking for more fueleffeciancy on the highway,mine works wonders. Arround town though its mostly a heat extractor.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

make your own, save the money. search home brew air intake. dont go round, i know alot of people run rounds, but i belive they just create hot air.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Can someone post some pix up of the Volant cold air intake kit isntalled on their truck. I know someone did this for me once before, but I jsut want to see what they look like. Also, anyone here have the AEM Brute Force, and can you get some pix of it?? Thanks again bros.

Quick Reply: FINAL OPINIONS...COLD AIR INTAKES!