2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My nwe toy...York OBA

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
BeachCrawler
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My nwe toy...York OBA

I used a Windstorm kit from Ebay. The install was easy. It took less than an hour. I've had it for awhile but this was the first chance I had to post a picture.

I think the York setup is the only way to go because I would never remember to check a CO2 tank. I also put one in my Jeep 5.2 Grand Cherokee (ZJ). Let me know what you think.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: My nwe toy...York OBA

Very nice, I need one for my Jeep. Many of my buddys have it and you never notive how handy it is until you have it. Its saved our butts a few times.

Did the kit come with the compressor? If not where did you get it and how much, they're getting harder and hard to find.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
BeachCrawler
Rookie

You didn't say what kind of Jeep but I have a 5.2 Grand Cherokee. Here is the writeup I did on a Jeep board. It just bolted to the truck but I had to make room under the hood of the Jeep. It only takes 3 or 4 minutes to air up all 4 truck tires when I come off of the beach. Changing tires with an impact wrench is a blast. I also use the blower gun to blow out the sand after a beach run.
http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12593

I picked up the compressor at the junk yard for $20.00. I used engine kleen and a rattle can for the finish.The two compressors with pulleys and factory hoses cost me $50.00 and both are pumpimg air with no problems.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

My Jeep is a Wrangler on 1 tons with a small block Chevy.