2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

to all of you with round air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 AM
pollocksn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to all of you with round air intakes

I have been thinking of going with this set up. I was just wondering if any of you have found any downsides to having it? How is the temp when running really hot during the summer? Any problem with massive down pores?

Old 09-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Racinfan83
All Star
Default RE: to all of you with round air intakes

The only downside to it that I have noticed is that it is a lot noisier than the stock one. I don't go muddin or anything like that - so I can't answer that part.....

Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't run into any downsides yet. Other than the filter gets dirtier faster. Especially offroad. Mud and dust get on it. Better performance boost than a cold air intake too.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

The only downside to the round air cleaner was with having a stock throttle body I would hear that sucking air sound even at normal / light acceleration. but now that I have the Fastman 52mm installed all I hear now is engine noise....well, except for the morning where I do hear the air from the aircleaner but thats just until the trucks warms up.

I havent had any problems with some of the heavy rain we got here over the summer. The high 90's temperature wasnt that much of an issue....or least that I didnt notice. There should be enough air flowing into our engine bays as high as these trucks sit off the ground ( 4x4). But I did cut some holes in those black shrouds that sit on each side of the radiator. When I get home from work I'll post a pic of what I did.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Glideman88
Professional

I haven't had any complaints yet. Yes, it is louder than stock, but the increased performance is worth it!

I don't think the filter gets dirty any faster than the stock one, but it's obviously more visible so maybe that's just how it seems. [sm=confused06.gif]

We had some serious flooding in our part of the State this summer and I've had to drive in VERY heavy rainstorms and 18"+ water a few times with no water issues either.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never had any rain issues or even regular sized puddle issues.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
pollocksn
Professional

Thanks guys for the info. I was going to do this but had second thoughts when temps got over 100+ and it rained for 21 days straight.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:41 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is in reply to mopar crazy hopefully you read this and reply thanx....j i posted a thread about my tb iwas planning on buying a fastman 50mm tb and noticed that you have a 52mm on your 5.2 ram whats the diiference iwas under the impression that the 52mm was for the 5.9 rams whats the difference in performance id really like to know cause i have a 5.2 and want the best application for it to get the most hp out of it yes i plan on making more mods to my truck but this has to be done thanks for the info in advance.....j

Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

I sent you a PM jusjay.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:23 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

Here's the pic of the air holes I placed in those pieces attached to the sides of the radiator, Not sure how much fresh air they are letting in or if it helps any but I figured it couldnt hurt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...olesforram.jpg

Quick Reply: to all of you with round air intakes