2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny Pan

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Tranny Pan

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

ah its not a problem with moms platnum card... ahhhh love bein suspended from college for a semester hahaha.

anyway, back on topic. its a rubber gasket im usin, not a cork. im a firm disbeliever in cork gaskets. im just gonna drop the pan and redo the gasket, hopefully i wont have to do this every 2 weeks until i save up enought for a fastman tranny.
Try this too I have to do it from time to time on my buddies truck. Take the pan and put it on a flat surface, check the edges and make sure they are all flush with the floor/ground if not get a rubber mallet and tap them till they are. I know it is a new pan but might as well check since you are going to have it off.
I had a problem with the lip on an oil pan being warped once, so the truck was throwing oil like snot from a Bull Mastiff. My dad and I pulled the pan. He laid the pan on a large, flat metal surface and used a small ball-peen hammer to bend it back into shape. Worked like a charm.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many quarts of ATF are yall usin? i dont wanna overfill, and get it right this time.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

about 6 or 7. check the level with truck running and in neutral (NOT park). something doesn't pump in park and it can make a big difference.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM
87Indy500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just some food for thought....

I put2 trans pan gaskets on my Dakota before I realized that the dipstick tube was leaking aroind the O-ring....[:@]

I used a Mopar re-usable pan gasket on my Ram when I put the aluminum pan on and they are by far the best.

Quick Reply: Tranny Pan