2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

does my ram have a factory lift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
tiger22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does my ram have a factory lift?

yeah i have the skid underneath. truck is at the shop getting a flow right now but when i pick it up i will measure. does the off-road edition come with a factory lift, because the blocks in the rear appear taller then normal.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same blocks on the rear 3"

Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

An easy way to check without getting a build sheet is to look at the tags on the front coils of your truck (if they are still on there). Off road quad cabs have front springs number 024 on one side and 225AA on the other side.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
tiger22

well i just went and double checked and all of my shocks are red, i have a skid, and my springs are labeled 225AA and 024. so know that we are sure its an Off Road LaramieSLT is there a factory lift that comes standardon this model? Also it looks about an inch low in the front but i am not for sure if the 2' leveling kit will make it appear level or actually higher in the front (which i hate more that being low in the front!).

Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Yes, since you have an off road ram, it did come with a factory lift. It is about 2 inches higher than stock. If you add 2" spacers to the front coils, the truck will sit level as long as it is unloaded. I did this to my truck when i first got it. But as soon as you add something to the rear, the nose will be pointing to the sky a bit. To fix that,I ended up adding some AAL's to the rear.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
tiger22

sounds good. could i go with a 2' spacer in the front without replacing the front shocks? if so, how does it effect the steering and ride without replacing shocks? or would i be better off to just save a couple of weeks and go with a 3' suspension lift? (would a 3' susp. lift only give the rear 1' and the front 3' though so it would be even?) with the factory 2' and the aftermarket 3' i should be able to squeeze 35's right...

again, thanks so much for the help

Old 10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Activate
Professional

Qeustion :
Does this bumper fits a 98 RAM 4x4?

I have wrecked my bumper and want to repalce with this kind of style.

Where I can buy it (cheap because I have to pay a lot of shipping to Europe)

Thanks and greetngs,

Erik.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
condor

Thats a beautiful truck you got there. I am having some of the same questions on my truck, as it is similiar to yours in some ways.

Adrian

https://dodgeforum.com/m_982359/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Glideman88
Professional

Hey beautiful truck you've got there and welcome to the "Off-Road" Club!

Looks like the previous owner added some 3/4 ton towing mirrors from ya too!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

ORIGINAL: tiger22

sounds good. could i go with a 2' spacer in the front without replacing the front shocks? if so, how does it effect the steering and ride without replacing shocks? or would i be better off to just save a couple of weeks and go with a 3' suspension lift? (would a 3' susp. lift only give the rear 1' and the front 3' though so it would be even?) with the factory 2' and the aftermarket 3' i should be able to squeeze 35's right...
I currently have a 2" spacer on the front with the stock shocks and have not had any problems. I wouldn't recommned it if you are going to do some heavy off roading b/c the shock is pretty much maxed out with the spacer but it works fine for over the road driving or on dirt roads. If you get a lift, make sure you check what you are getting first. if it states 3" of lift for a stock truck by replacing the front springs, you are really going to only get an inch b/c the stock off road springs are like having 2" lift springs in there already.

Quick Reply: does my ram have a factory lift?