2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck running like poop.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
frankenstein
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck running like poop.

I have been working on my truck trying tomake run like it didbefore.Engine check lite was on andit was running badseems like it runs super rich withblack smoke and terrible gas milage as if it wasant bad before. I hooked up my buddies odb2 and got 02 code so i replaced it. the lite turned off for a bit and came back on so I hooked it up again and got code for the other o2 when i pulled it out it was bent out of shape so I replaced it. The truck ran good for aa bit and then started agian. I checked my cat and it is empty. Ithen unplugged both o2 sensoe and it is running better. I don't know if i should get an o2 simulator, replace the cat or run it as is. Can I get some opinions on what to do ( besside taking it to a shop so they can rape Me ).

Thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
tazman6789
Veteran
Default RE: Truck running like poop.

i would go with o2 sim, leaving it the way it is will just eat gas, keep popping 02s will just burn them up cause no cat, and cat is restrictive on the exhaust giving u a lil less power

Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
frankenstein
Default RE: Truck running like poop.

I will install an o2 sim.can anyone tell me where to buy one ? Thank's

Quick Reply: Truck running like poop.