2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

Well, yesterday I cut my glasspacks off and now I just have the true dual setup with straight pipes. It is very loud, and sounds very cool. I'm almost tempted to just put my x-pipe in after itcomes inand put turndowns on itand leave it this way. Although, it may cause me to get pulled over and I almost feel bad going up steep hills at high rpms by people's houses. I mean, it's really loud. Oh well, we'll see. What do you guys think about it? Here's the link:
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...bstruck001.flv

Old 10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Default RE: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

sounds beastly. do you have any backpressure problems? alot of people say runnin true dual straight pipe takes away too much backpressure and you loose some power. you experience this?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Dodge4x4810
Veteran

The backpressure is in the cat(s), i have a cutout and when i open it, i only notice a tiny low-end loss if any.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

sounds beastly. do you have any backpressure problems? alot of people say runnin true dual straight pipe takes away too much backpressure and you loose some power. you experience this?
Im going to guess you did loose low end torque. I can just hear the similaritys to mine when I had open headers, and It seemed like it reved for nothing at the bottom. sounds fun tho. Earplugs anyone?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yeah, you can tell a little bit of low end power. It's not too bad though. However, I do have an X-pipe on the way that should correct this and possibly give it a little more power/torque. It's cool though. I'm probably going to end up putting Flowmasters on it, but for a couple of weeks this will be fun.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

Im going to guess you did loose low end torque. I can just hear the similaritys to mine when I had open headers, and It seemed like it reved for nothing at the bottom. sounds fun tho. Earplugs anyone?
Yeah, the earplugs are almost a must. It's very loud, and fun. It does seem like it revs a lot down on the low end. Climbing a hill at like 10mph sounds like an airplane is sitting right above you.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

It is going to get old soon haha, I have open manifolds and its roughly the same thing and it got real real old when I couldn't even hear the radio.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

It is going to get old soon haha, I have open manifolds and its roughly the same thing and it got real real old when I couldn't even hear the radio.
Yeah, it might but I'm going to enjoy it until it does. I don't listen to the radio much around here anyway, so it's not too big of a problem, yet.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Sure sounds better than them trashy glasspacks! Even if you don't put the 44's on there, atleast it sounds badass bro! Make sure you let off that gas around cops lmao!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:05 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Sure sounds better than them trashy glasspacks! Even if you don't put the 44's on there, atleast it sounds badass bro! Make sure you let off that gas around cops lmao!
Thanks a lot man. I think it sounds a ton better than it did with the glasspacks on there. I definitely have to let off the gas around cops; it's crazy loud. I still may put the 44's on there after I get my x-pipe installed and everything. I wonder how much of a difference it will make with the Super 44's on there. I know it won't be quite as loud, but I wonder how it will sound with the true duals? I'm pretty sure there is only one way to find out.

Quick Reply: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video